It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:53 am

Free Newsletter

Tony Ferguson - Chat 13

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Fairie » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:36 am

Glad to see something is working for you Dolly, enjoy your dad's birthday :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Hayley » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:06 pm

Congratulations Dolly, woo hoo! :D

:cry: :cry: :cry: Why is is that whenever I'm stressed or worried, I turn to bad food? Connor is sick today, been to doctor with him this morning and have been told to monitor him for Meningitis! Aarrhhh! Have to take him straight to the children's hospital if things don't improve by tonight! So, I had no breakfast cos I raced him to the doctor, I ate bacon and eggs for lunch with 2 pieces toast, a coffee with full-cream milk and sugar and a piece of lamington roll cake. last night at my mother-in-law's birthday dinner I ate hot chips, garlic bread and fillet mignon (wrapped in bacon and served with mash, which of course I ate!). :cry: :cry: :cry: I had such bad stomach aches last night....don't think my body handled all the carbs well and then I've been terrible today and I guess my excuse is that I'm worried about Connor! terrible excuse I know! I'm so disappointed with myself, after all my hard work. WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME GUYS?!?!?! :cry: :cry: :cry:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:14 pm

aw hayley

it isnt a poor excuse at all! we all know that when someone in the family is sick how worried we get and the last thing on our minds is eating correctly, half the time we dont have time to sit and think at all! i really hope he feels better soon the poor darling. i remember when heidi was only 7 weeks old she got bad gastroenteritis and it broke my heart to see her sick. so i know how hard it can be hayley. keep your chin up mate. you arent doing anything wrong purposely, you are just worried about your little boy. keep going with the fluid intake though to help wash all those toxins out. keep us updated

hugs*
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:43 pm

Oh Hayley, I'm so sorry to hear Connor is still not feeling well, I'll say a prayer for him tonight that he returns to full health again soon.

A new day is about to dawn and with each new day we can start afresh.

hugs
Dolly
Dolly

Postby Ally » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:36 am

Oh Hayley I am sorry to hear about Connor mate...I hope he is feeling better soon...when our kids are sick our mothering instinct takes over full throttle and we would do anything to get them better. "I" is the last person on our mind when the kiddos are sick.

As Dolly said tomorrow is the dawn of a new day and a time to start afresh. Put the bad eating out of your mind and look on it that it is only one day. You could have also been sick because of the amount of fat that was in your diet and your body is not used to it, so it will pass. (I know that probably doesn't help!!)

Image You concentrate on getting Connor better and being there for him. My prayers are with your family at this time.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:26 am

Poor Connor, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

The ladies are right, it's too hard to think clearly about yourself and eating what's 'wrong' or 'right' when you have family ill or in trouble. Don't be so hard on yourself and focus your energy where it is needed most.

You will have time to get back on track and I know you want to get to goal by Christmas but the truth is none of us are in a race and does it really matter if we are over 1 week, 1 month. Nah, because you ARE going to get there. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dolly » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:42 am

Hi Hayley, what's the word on Connor? If I were you I wouldn't listen to the doctor, I'd just take him straight to PMH and let them do a blood test to see whether he has meningitis or not.
If it is Meningitis he'll need treatment immediately and Princess Margaret Hospital for children (PMH) is the best place to be.

Big hugs
Dolly
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:54 am

Your a Mum Hayley that's what is wrong with you. :D

When you know your son is well then you will be able to concentrate on yourself again. Don't stress, your son is more important.

Hope goes well for him
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby BrokenAngel » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:46 pm

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here and I thought I'd join in and say hello! I've just started the TF diet and I love it(I lost 2.8kg the first week).

I can't wait to share my journey with you all :)

Oh and how yummy are the shake!!!
BrokenAngel

Postby Fluffy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:19 pm

Nice to meet you Broken Angel!

Great that you have joined the forum. We welcome you and look forward to hearing about your success! You will love the forum - there are some great girls on here and we all have the same goals and challenges. Glad you can join us on the journey!

:) :) :) :)
Fluffy

Postby Dolly » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:38 pm

Hi Tracey, my favourite shakes are the chocolate ones and also the strawberries and cream ones.
Which ones do you like the best?
Dolly

Postby BrokenAngel » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:40 pm

I have to say I'm addicted to the espresso ones :oops: I get 7 of them a week! lol. I like the english toffee as well but they won'tbe around for much longer :( It's getting replaced with 3 new flavours, I know one of them will be Mango, I can't remember what the other two are now.

I can't stand the soups, blergh. I ended up taking them back and swapping them!!
BrokenAngel

Postby piglet72 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:39 pm

Hi everyone!

I ordered the TF package online and it was delivered over a month ago now but I have been reluctant to start (the idea of giving up 'real food' for 2 meals/day puts me off!).

Just wondering how long it takes to start seeing results.....? :wink:
Kate

[/url]
piglet72

Postby Dolly » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:47 pm

Hi Kate (piglet) normally 3 days will show some results as that is when your body enters ketosis. The shakes are only around 210 calories and there is iodine in the shakes which also encourages the metabolism to switch on.

EACH DAY
you can have a veggie soup
a vegetable salad
2 apples
a couple of diet jellies
6 DD lollies
protein serve with salad or veg
2 diet shakes
Dolly

Postby piglet72 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:54 pm

Thanks Dolly - that's really helpful! :D
Kate