It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:37 am

Free Newsletter

Tony Ferguson - Chat 13

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Dolly » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:57 pm

cheers!

Dolly

Postby Hayley » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:42 am

Hi guys,

Wow, I've only just jumped back on to the forum this morning and it was so nice to read your comforting comments. Just so you all know, Connor is absolutely fine now - no Meningitis! Thank god! It turns out he had put his neck out/pulled a neck muscle. He also had stomach aches, which is where he got his temperature from I guess. He is ok now and moving his head freely again, which is good, but I tell you, I was extremely worried there for a while.

Anyway, I had a really bad day yesterday (food wise), but you'll be happy to know I'm back on track with TF today and feeling positive about it all again. My shakes run out on Tuesday next week, so I hope I can afford to buy some more after that - with the price rise and all! Oh and my husband Cam wants to join me on the TF properly, if we can afford it. He already eats whatever I cook for myself for tea, so he just has to get used to the shakes and fruit during the day.

Thanks again for your thoughts.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:47 am

hi hayley

so glad to hear connor is feeling better again. im sure it was a very scary time for you all. :?

that would so cool to have your hubby on the tf program with you. hopefully you can work out some sort of budget to pay for it with the price rise. i know a lot of people have pulled out because they cant afford it. keep going, today is a brand new day and you'll reach your goal by xmas!!! yay!
kate_turner2000

Postby Hayley » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:52 am

Thanks Kate, you're always so positive! :D Yes, I will reach my goal by Christmas.....I haven't weighed myself to see if I've put on weight over the weekend, I think I'll just wait until Friday's weigh-in.

Yay, I've just read that Morley has a Tony ferguson Wellness Centre and one is opening in Midland very soon. They are both closer to be than the Terry White Chemist that stocks the program, and this way I know I'll only be seeing a trained TF consultant not just a pharmacy assistant. Will have to go and check it out next week when I re-stock on the shakes.
Hayley

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:57 am

hi hayley thats good news about the wellness centres. they would do so much better than the terry white chemists (even though im sure that TW is raking in the customers on tf).

im positive cos i believe in you! you are doing so well hayley and even though you have had a couple of nights out for birthday, you get straight back on the wagon the next day. can i ask what the turning point in your life was for you to start doing something about your weight? youre inspirational :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Hayley » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:16 pm

Sure you can ask that Kate......hmmm, let me think for a minute. Um, there are a few 'turning points' hee hee -

1) I got to the stage where I wouldn't let my husband cuddle me incase he felt my fat tummy and would think I was disgusting. Always kept the light off - if you know what I mean, so I could hide my body from him. That's not good for your marriage!

2) I want more children and know I need to get my health in order before we have any more.

3) I got to the point where I wouldn't go anywhere, cos I'd be embarrassed about my figure (or lack of one! :lol: ), so I stayed inside and hid from the world...only went out to the shop to buy dinner stuff but most of the time got hubby to do the shopping anyway. I even hid form my friends, cos I was embarrassed by what I looked like. There's still some I haven't caught up with for a year and a half!

4) My uncle-in-law's mum told me I'd put on heaps of weight! She was looking at me for ages at a family get together and then said, "have you put on weight? Oh, you have put on weight, lots of weight. Oh dear!" I felt so embarrassed cos she said it out loud infront of everyone else, and it ruined my day...although when got home, it made me look at myself and think, you know what...as insensitive as she was, I have put on heaps of weight and that's not good.

5) I cried when I went clothes shopping cos I couldn't find anything that looked nice and always had to go for bigger sizes. And I hated what I looked like in those darn mirrors in the fitting rooms.

6) The last 'turning point' was realising that I'm 27 and have not worn a skirt, a dress, shorts or bathers for about 9 or 10 years cos I tried to hide my fat legs. Even in hot Kununurra, I wore full length pants all year round. I wanted to wear a cute summer dress or some nice shorts....you know, dress my age instead of like a nanna.

So, there you have it. laughs. Are you sorry you asked???? :lol: Lots of things contributed to me wanting to lose wieght and finally doing something about it.

What about you Kate, what was your turning point?
Hayley

Postby KimE » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:06 pm

Glad to read Connor is OK Hayley that must have been an awful time for you.

Good to see you are back on your plan. Your focus and determination will get you to goal no problem. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:07 pm

thanks for sharing that hayley. no im not sorry i aske dlol. i also think its good to ask someone who is losing weight why they started because it helps them focus back on what theyre doing it all for. :)

it was my 21st birthday back in april and i looked at the photos and thought oh my lord. i have always been chubby but since having heidi and being at home and eating whatever i want i had piled on more weight. i have been in clothes shops and have been disappointed because they havent had something in my size there. all intimate moments with my fiance mick have always been with the lights on because im embarrassed of my wobbly bits and cellulite and stretch marks. the last time i wore a dress was my year 12 formal but i would also love to wear a summery dress and not worry about my chunky legs. also i realised that i need to take heidi swimming lessons now that it is getting warmer so i want to be able to wear a tankini with board shorts and not be embarrassed. you get sick of being uncomfortable with who you are you know? so there were lots of turning points for me. ive never actually tried to lose weight before i just thought 'im ok the way i am' but really i wasnt. or id say 'oh ill start first thing monday and i never did'. now i realise that losing this weight is making me so much happier, confident, and it will probably add a few more years on to my life. and for someone who is petrified of dying that is such a relief!!

thanks for sharing with me hayley :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:25 pm

Oh Hayley I am glad to hear that Connor is ok, it must be a big relief to you and hubby!!

I enjoyed reading about your turning points Hayley and Kate!! Thanks for sharing.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Hayley » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:20 pm

Thanks guys!

Still going great today and don't feel tempted to have anything 'naughty' which is good. We are going out to tea tomorrow night with some friends who our down in Perth from up north of WA. I've selected a nice restaurant which has buffet selection, as I know they have a great chef who cooks fresh stirfry there as you wait and watch...you just pick the ingredients and they make it up....also lots of fresh salads and meats, so i can select all the things I am allowed to eat whilst on TF. Will be so good to see them as we haven't caught up with them for well over a year now!
Hayley

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:39 pm

wow that sounds yum hayley. have a great night!! and good girl for having a good day today!!
kate_turner2000

Postby BrokenAngel » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:20 pm

Wow, where abouts is that place Hayley?? I will definitely have to check it out!

I had a really bad junk food binge on the weekend. I am so disappointed in myself. But I have not strayed at all since Sunday and I was at the gym for 2 1/2 hours today!

Weigh in day is Friday(meant to be Thursday, but I have to work).
BrokenAngel

Postby Dolly » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:42 pm

Hi everyone!
Hayley, I'm so glad your son doesn't have meningitis.
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:10 am

Hi Hayley glad to hear Connor is OK :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Hayley » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:44 am

Thanks guys, yes I am glad that Connor is ok too!

Broken Angel - it's a restaurant called 'The Cafe' and it's in The Hyatt Hotel. They have a buffet and an A La Carte menu, too. Think I'll have something from the menu rather than buffet...it's not like I can eat as much as I like and there's no point paying $50 for a buffet if I'm only having a small meal. It's really lovely in there though, you should go there one day.

Looking forward to dinner tonight, will be a challenge to see if I can 'behave' myself with my meal tonight :wink: .

How is everyone else this morning? Dolly, TF still working for you?
Hayley

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk