Sure you can ask that Kate......hmmm, let me think for a minute. Um, there are a few 'turning points' hee hee -
1) I got to the stage where I wouldn't let my husband cuddle me incase he felt my fat tummy and would think I was disgusting. Always kept the light off - if you know what I mean, so I could hide my body from him. That's not good for your marriage!
2) I want more children and know I need to get my health in order before we have any more.
3) I got to the point where I wouldn't go anywhere, cos I'd be embarrassed about my figure (or lack of one!
), so I stayed inside and hid from the world...only went out to the shop to buy dinner stuff but most of the time got hubby to do the shopping anyway. I even hid form my friends, cos I was embarrassed by what I looked like. There's still some I haven't caught up with for a year and a half!
4) My uncle-in-law's mum told me I'd put on heaps of weight! She was looking at me for ages at a family get together and then said, "have you put on weight? Oh, you have put on weight, lots of weight. Oh dear!" I felt so embarrassed cos she said it out loud infront of everyone else, and it ruined my day...although when got home, it made me look at myself and think, you know what...as insensitive as she was, I have put on heaps of weight and that's not good.
5) I cried when I went clothes shopping cos I couldn't find anything that looked nice and always had to go for bigger sizes. And I hated what I looked like in those darn mirrors in the fitting rooms.
6) The last 'turning point' was realising that I'm 27 and have not worn a skirt, a dress, shorts or bathers for about 9 or 10 years cos I tried to hide my fat legs. Even in hot Kununurra, I wore full length pants all year round. I wanted to wear a cute summer dress or some nice shorts....you know, dress my age instead of like a nanna.
So, there you have it. laughs. Are you sorry you asked????
Lots of things contributed to me wanting to lose wieght and finally doing something about it.
What about you Kate, what was your turning point?