It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:25 am

Free Newsletter

SureSlim???

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

SureSlim???

Postby Chrissy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:27 am

Hello

Just to say a big thank you to everyone - it was so wonderful to hear from you all. It is this forum that has really motivated me to get a grip and lose this weight once and for all. I am inspired by you all.

Well yesterday I went for a SureSlim presentation. Bad news is that on their scales I weigh 99.1kgs and my ideal weight is ..............wait for it - is 72kgs. Like, hello, 27kgs to lose. (I like my scales - they only say that I am 95kgs). Right, so after I picked up my jaw - and realised that I am sooooooooooooooooo fat, we went into the program. NOW. Has anyone out there got any feed back on SureSlim?? It is a lot of money - and that alone will be sure to make you keep on the program, no doubt.

WW, going it alone, drugs, potions and shakes just don't do it for me (been there - done it), this scientific approach really does appeal to me. It should take me 5-6 months to lose 27kgs if I am determined and disciplined.

My hubby was all smiles at the thought of getting his skinny wife back. I used to wear a size 10 and now battle to get into an 18. What a difference 10 years can make, and I have to get a grip or heavens, in 10 years time I'll be size 28 and very ill.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts and wishes.

Take care

Chrissy
Chrissy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:36 am

Hi chrissy!!!

sorry to hear their scales didnt weigh what you thought they would but its better to be accurate than not! im sure you can lose the weight and that you are trying a program that you think you will stick to. we will motivate you and support you on your journey! you're always welcome here, and its sounds like hubby is supportive too.

sorry i cant offer you any advice about sure slim as i have never tried, i have heard it is expensive and i havent heard some nasty things about them- but you hear nasty things about every weightloss program. i cant comment on it unless i have tried it too.

good luck and bext wishes mate, you'll get to your goal in no time!
kate_turner2000

Postby Hayley » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:38 am

Hi Chrissy,

My 42 year old Aunty has been on sureslim and lost 10kg in about 10weeks. She said it took her a good 2-3 weeks to get into the program but felt it was easy once she was used to it and settled. She loved the food she had to eat each day. She also did no exercise to lose that 10kg. However, she stopped following it 100% after she hit the 10kg mark and put 7kg of it back on it about 5 weeks. Now she's finding it difficult to get motivated to do it again.

I considered joining it, but then saw the food she was eating and the price :shock: , and it put me off. I'm not one for measuring things and she was having to have a cooked breakfast each morning with grated vegies etc, and I just can't be bothered preparing things. Also, she was eating a lot of tinned tuna (which I can't stand, the smell alone makes me ill), so I knew I couldn't cope on that program and that I wouldn't be able to stick to it.

Good on you for taking the plunge, so to speak.....best wishes for your weightloss journey. I hope sureslim works for you xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Ally » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:52 am

Hi Crissy, I like Kate cannot offer any advice on the program, but I wish you every success.

If 27kgs sounds like a huge amount to lose to you, try and break it down into smaller goals so that it is not so daunting to you. You could break it up into 5 kgs lots for example and then just cross off each 5 kgs as you lose it. Get yourself an exercise book and jot down your reasons for wanting to lose weight and what your goals are, so that you don't lose sight of what you have set out to do!! 8)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Ally » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:53 am

Sorry Chrissy, I spelt your name wrong in that last post :oops:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Re: SureSlim???

Postby Chrissy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:05 pm

Chrissy wrote:Hello

Just to say a big thank you to everyone - it was so wonderful to hear from you all. It is this forum that has really motivated me to get a grip and lose this weight once and for all. I am inspired by you all.

Well yesterday I went for a SureSlim presentation. Bad news is that on their scales I weigh 99.1kgs and my ideal weight is ..............wait for it - is 72kgs. Like, hello, 27kgs to lose. (I like my scales - they only say that I am 95kgs). Right, so after I picked up my jaw - and realised that I am sooooooooooooooooo fat, we went into the program. NOW. Has anyone out there got any feed back on SureSlim?? It is a lot of money - and that alone will be sure to make you keep on the program, no doubt.

WW, going it alone, drugs, potions and shakes just don't do it for me (been there - done it), this scientific approach really does appeal to me. It should take me 5-6 months to lose 27kgs if I am determined and disciplined.

My hubby was all smiles at the thought of getting his skinny wife back. I used to wear a size 10 and now battle to get into an 18. What a difference 10 years can make, and I have to get a grip or heavens, in 10 years time I'll be size 28 and very ill.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts and wishes.

Take care

Chrissy
Little Pickers wear Bigger Nickers!!!!
Chrissy

Postby KimE » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:04 pm

Good luck with the program Chrissy.

Is that the one where they take you blood type and that sort of thing? If it is I overheard someone talking about it today and said a friend had lost 35 kgs in 6 months. Anyway I am sure you have heard more testimonials than you can poke a stick at if you went to a presentation.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Fairie » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:19 pm

Hi Chrissy,

I did Sure Slim and lost almost 30kg's and I loved it. my contract finished about a month ago and I really miss the one on one with a consultant and knowing I had to step on the scales in front of her once a week was enough to keep me on the plan. You have to be commited and love salads :wink: which I do so that was never a problem.

I have put on about 5 kilo since May but that is my fault not anything to do with Sure Slim. I got so depressed from being in constant pain with a Heel Spur for almost 4 months then when I got that fixed I hurt my ankle and have had to rest and ice it for 6 weeks.

I would so love to be able to do another contract with Sure Slim because it really worked for me but I can't afford it. I will have to just give myself a really big kick up the bum, stop feeling sorry for myself and get back on track.

Also there is a Sure Slim support forum, if you are interested PM me and I will send you the link. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby chubbybubby » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:41 pm

Hope you dont mind me askin farie but what's a heel spur?
chubbybubby

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:29 pm

Good luck with the SureSlim program Chrissy.
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:30 am

Hi Chubbybubby, I don't mind you asking at all. A Heel Spur is a bone growth on the underside of your heel and hurts like hell when you walk it's like walking with a stone in your shoe.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby chubbybubby » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:42 pm

Ooh Geez :? that doesnt sound too pleasant. You poor thing.... :(
chubbybubby

Postby carlton » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:33 am

Good luck witht the program Chrissy. I agree with Fairy you have to love salads and be focused and committed.
carlton

Return to Weight loss Talk