It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:44 am

Free Newsletter

Weightloss obsession

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Weightloss obsession

Postby workinprogress » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:40 pm

Well I weighed myself today and according to the scales I am 63kg, not bad for 2 weeks of dieting. Although I'd say a major part of that would be fluid loss but hey, a loss is a loss :D

I'm glad to report that I barely faltered on my diet and have managed to turn healthy eating and calorie controlling into a habit. Although I still have the cravings they aren't as strong and I usually ignore them til they pass instead of giving in like I used to.

It's amazing, when you stop eating the junk your body starts to heal itself and not crave it as much. Ties in with my theory that food is just another drug, only this one is probably the hardest to control because we have to have food to live so it's easy to relapse into old habits in bad times.

I think it's very easy to start obsessing about the number on the scales...I'm finding that I am doing this and have to stop it before it turns nasty. I want to lose this weight more then anything but I'm not willing to give up my sanity in the process.

I finally saved up and bought a rowing machine a few days ago, shall arrive on Wednesday...so excited :D Always wanted one....

Hope everyone is well.

'When you stop hurting your body, your body will stop hurting you.'

Kristina
workinprogress

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:19 pm

Hi kristina

well done on your loss over the past fortnight. you sound stoked and so you should be! have fun with the rowing machine. my sister in law has one and loves it. ive never tried one before but they look fun. its good you are letting your cravings subside. it can be tricky at first but if you wait a good hour they tend to go away. keep up the great work and you'll reach your goal in no time!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:42 am

Congratulations on your loss Kristina!! Have fun on your rowing machine matey!!

Cravings are horrible things, but as Kate said they usually pass after awhile. I try and distract myself by doing something else and always have a big drink of water, this seems to help me.

Keep going matey, you are doing great!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:12 am

Well done Kristina 2kgs is good and although your right it most likely is fluid that still counts surely as this seems to be the start of weight loss for everyone till the body settles into taking from the fat stores. You're on your way. :D

It certainly is easy to become obsessed with the scales or any of the measurements that's for sure and the hardest thing I find is knowing just how realistic they really are for me, my body shape, type etc.

Have fun with the rowing machine, those things look intense and a whole body workout. Nice.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby workinprogress » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:26 am

Thank you all for your encouraging replies, I'm glad everyone is well. Will keep you all posted when I get a chance to play with my new toy :D

Got a day off on Thursday (finally) so my idea of a good day is sitting on the rowing machine watching Dr.Phil and Oprah LOL :lol:

Can't wait :D

'When you stop hurting your body, your body will stop hurting you.'

Kristina
workinprogress

Postby slimmindown » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:19 am

I'm a little obsessed by my scales too workinprogress. I know that the body has lots of fluid shifts ,but I still weigh far to often. like you say though it does keep me in check..... :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Dolly » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:45 pm

Congratulations on that huge loss.
Dolly

Postby carlton » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:38 am

Congratulations on the loss and try not to get too caught up with the numbers on the scales. Its only part of the whole journey.
carlton

Postby fiona » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:20 pm

Hi Kristina, WOW a rowing machine, what fun. Where will you keep it? my lounge is soooooo small, it would take up the whole lot :lol: does it come with an info book on how long to exercise for and all that? In my dream house :lol: i'm going to have a room set up for exercise stuff, whoopeeeeeee. My BMI is between 53 and 65 kilos so i'd like to get down to the fifties too :) as i'm only 160cm tall :lol: :lol:
Have heaps of fun rowing in front of Oprah. My ideal day off is a skinny capachino, cant spell, and a stroll around the clothes shops :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNxsd9O/]
[/url]
fiona

Return to Weight loss Talk