It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:32 am

Free Newsletter

US Biggest Loser - new series

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

US Biggest Loser - new series

Postby jodie259 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:11 pm

Did any of you watch the new US Biggest Loser.
Gillian is not the female trainer any more. But Bob is still there!
It was an interesting concept how they selected the potential contestants - one person from each US state... then the trainers picked 7 people for each team.

I get so inpsired by this show. I always feel like exercising after I've watched an episode (but not tonight... just got home from gym when it started).
I have taped it though, so I hope to rewatch it when I need inspiration.

I was pregnant during the Australian version so I watched, but couldn't get right into it.
Mum of 2
Shaun born 27/05/06 & Shelli born 26/11/07
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHe6RPO/]
[/url]
jodie259

Postby Rosered » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:27 pm

I love this show; I tape it as well so I can rewatch it again and again and again and lol :D
SW:121.3KG
CW:101.4KG
GW:76KG
Rosered

Postby Angel-eyes » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:29 am

I love watching this show, i taped all of the australian one so i can rewatch it, in a way i like that one better cos you get a bit each week night, but with the US one its only on once a week.

Does anyone know when the next Aussie one is starting?

I must admit though, it forces you to look in a mirror, esspecially when they all look so big, and when they weigh in you realise that some of them are your weight. :( But never again, this time the weight is coming off and staying off. :!:
Angel-eyes

Postby Bec259 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:44 am

It is just so inspirational.....the weight some of them lose is just phenominal! Makes you realise that it IS possible & that you CAN do it! :D
Bec259

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:54 am

i dont watch the u.s. ones but i watched the aussie one and will watch the aussie one next year when it comes out. ive heard it will be on around the same time as last year.

we have a channel ten reality tv thing in our house: once the biggest loser finishes, big brother starts and we watch that, then we watch idol lol. thats our year in a nutshell :)

i liked the biggest loser in oz this year. adro lives on the coast like me and is opening a couple of weightloss centres.

my favourites on the show were kristie and wal. :) didnt like artie, fiona or tracey!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:39 am

I love all those show's unfortunately I was out last night and had to miss the first episode of the US Biggest Loser.
Dolly

Postby slimmindown » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:53 am

Yeah , I found myself trying to guess their weight before they weighed in, wondering if I was the same as them and thinking wow, I still have such a long way to go but i'll get there. not as quickly as them but I will.
I found myself siding with the red team, maybe because they had more girls.
I love the end when they show the cut contestant and how much weight they have lost. Before and after shots are my fav. :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby chubbybubby » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:23 am

Thats so funny slimmindown, I did the exact same thing, checking people out, and saying she's the same weight as me... I really do have a long way to go... LOL and I even sided with the Reds too! funny how that happens.... I sided with the red aussie team this year too. Kate, I did the same with reality shows.... when biggest loser finished, I had withdrawels (sp?) luckily Big Brother was on.... then that finished, but now I have Idol.... thats kind of pathetic of me actually :oops: lol
chubbybubby

Postby chubbybubby » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:25 am

Oh, I forgot to mention, the host on BL last night said something that brought a tear to my eye, and really made me think It was along the lines of-
" Your good health is the most generous gift you can give to those who love you" How true is that? xx
chubbybubby

Postby slimmindown » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:31 am

chubbybubby I remember that quote to. it also touched me and rang true :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby carlton » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:13 pm

I also love this show and not only watched it but taped it as well.

The USA show has always been on once a week and we were very spoilt with the Australian show being on daily. To my knowledge they are still going through the audition stage for the Aussie Series 2. It is then filmed during November - January and I'd say it will be on TV in February 2007. Seems so far away.
carlton

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:57 pm

It sounds far away Carlton, but I bet it will come around very quickly with the way the time has flown this year!! :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby carlton » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:15 pm

Yes it does seem so far away. It appears that the final 14 for the Aussie show is getting closer.

I know someone on another forum who applied and was just told she made it through the first 2 rounds of auditions but didn't make it through to the final one.
carlton

Postby Fairie » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:27 am

I missed it as we had to go out to a friends 50th and I did set the video to tape it......or so I thought. :? :oops:
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Return to Weight loss Talk