It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:23 pm

Free Newsletter

Motivating others to lose weight?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:02 pm

well put it this way, if you think your partner, family member or mate is unhealthy and overweight its nice to think that you recognise that and realise theyre jeopardising their health. i have a couple of friends who are big like i was and its not that im disgusted in them, but im concerned for their health. i just got one of my friends to join the tf program because she had tried ww but put all the weight back on. she is doing so well and now i know that she is getting healthier and happier to spend time with her kids. im so proud of her. a lot of my other friends have low self esteem and are so self conscious i think it would break their hearts if i said anything to them. they dont know ive started losing weight though but when i see them around xmas if they mention it ill say something like 'its wonderful to be healthier and feel better about myself, if i can do it anyone can!' i suppose its just being in the right frame of mind. ive said to kim before, 'why didnt i think of doing this sooner?' but i realise that i wasnt in the right frame of mind or motivated enough.

Postby KimE » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:00 pm

That's right Kate, your mental attitude has so much to do with this. I think my hubby was trying to give me hints along the way albeit very subtle ones as he loves me no matter what. And yes sometimes the comments that got through did hurt, though I never let on, but I did eventually start looking at what I was doing and realise it wasn't healthy and that I was starting to even feel unhealthy.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Return to Weight loss Talk