It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Help, Still gaining weight after I started exercising.

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Help, Still gaining weight after I started exercising.

Postby waynos » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi all,

I have gained about 3-4 kgs from the last 12 months. The main reason is because I have stopped exercising at my work gym because I no longer work there.

Just to give you a bit of information about myself, I am 27 years old, 173cm tall, and I currently weight 72kg.

I have recently started exercising again 3-4 times a week, I skip for 3 minutes, use my crosstrainer for 15-20 minutes, and I lift weights for about 5 mintues. Since I have started exercising again, I have gained 2kg.

I am not sure if it's either I am not exercising enough each time or not as regularly, or my diet needs to be changed.

Below is a list of food that I normally eat through out the week:

Monday - Friday
Breakfast - Bowl of healthy low fat cereal and a piece of toast with low fat butter.
Lunch - Two brown bread sandwiches with mastar seed as the spread, lettuce, tomato, and either ham or turkey meat.
Afternoon tea - An apple or a banana, plus a few biscuits.
Dinner - 1 or 2 bowls of rice, can of tuna and a fried egg (boring food!). Sometimes I would have mcdonalds or instant noodles.

Friday dinner and weekends
Food could range in between some Thai takeaways, pizza, shanghainese dumplings, or Japanese food.
Normally I would have some beer over the weekend, I usually won't drink more than 6 stubbies worth.
I stop exercising over the weekend and sometimes I would have some late night snacks because I sleep late.

I get pretty hungry in the afternoons after my sandwiches, so I was thinking maybe I need to replace those sweet biscuits with something less fatty.

In terms of what I drink through out the week apart from beer, I drink at least 2.4 L of water through out the week, and around 2L of fresh juice, at least 5 regular sizes of coffee each week (full cream milk), and some beers and wines.

Can I please get some feed back on what I can do to lose weight because I want to get down to about 65kg - 68kg.

Thanks in advance.
W
waynos

Re: Help, Still gaining weight after I started exercising.

Postby sandradee » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:23 am

Firstly, well done for exercising - that's great :D

In my opinion, I would look at your diet. Spark People (website - just use Google to find it) will talior a FREE weight loss menu for you based on how many calories you need to consume to lose wieght. Also, Calories Per Hour (another website) has FREE on-line tutorials about wieght loss.

Good luck and let us know how you are going :D
sandradee

Re: Help, Still gaining weight after I started exercising.

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:16 pm

Well for a start I would cut out the beer and the juice. I much prefer to eat calories than drink them. Should have more vegies with dinner to fill you up rather than rice. Cut out the late night snacks.

BTW, I'm no expert, but they seem like fairly simple and obvious things to me.
SoonToBeSlim

Return to Weight loss Talk