It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:05 am

Free Newsletter

Duromine

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Duromine

Postby TanyaG » Tue May 18, 2010 5:00 pm

My SIL has been on Duramine for a while i think and hasnt had those side effects..each persons different i guess...

Im considering talking to my Dr about it too...not sure..my weight is at a standstill at the moment and i need to lose another 10kgs...i go to the Gym and walk as well...

Current weight: 87kgs
Goal weight: 70kgs
TanyaG

Postby Jisgone » Tue May 18, 2010 6:10 pm

Have you thought of calorie counting? it really is as simple as energy in versus energy out! Duromine is quite dangerous and doctors dont normally prescribe it unless someone has a serious weight problem.
Jisgone

Postby bigboomba » Mon May 24, 2010 10:20 am

Hi,
I am just starting out AGAIN with Duromine. I am on 30mgs.
I have tried to use it a couple of times before, and I have felt like absolute crap. Racing pulse, feeling nauseous, grumpy etc. And that was all on the first day. This time I am determined to give it a bit longer. I have about 2 weeks worth left in my first packet. If I still feel like crap after those 2 weeks, then I will not be getting the script filled again.
Good luck to those who are on it!!
SW:109.7kg
CW:104.9kg
1st mini goal: Double digits by September 4th!

UGW:55kg
WLTD:4.8kg

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wt50NLQ/
bigboomba

Duromine

Postby teenahh » Fri May 28, 2010 3:38 pm

Hi all, I have been thinking about Duromine for a little while now. I've done as much research as I can on it, I've weighed the benefits and the risks and all of that. But I'm worried about going to the doctor's to get a prescription for it - what if he refuses me? Yes I have tried the burn more calories than you consume thing (I still do it), and I work out often -3 times a week, and I run 6 days a week. But all that's left me with is more muscle under fat. I'm stronger than ever but still as fat. I can't drop the fat! I honestly thought running would drop some fat, but instead my legs are toned muscle covered in fat. I don't get it. (Oh my god how many times did I say fat then lol)
I don't actually have a regular doctor, and am a little embarrassed that I will be refused Duromine. I'm 98kg and 166cm. And I'm a girl.
teenahh

Postby bigboomba » Fri May 28, 2010 8:09 pm

Duromine doesn't do anything other than suppress the appetite and give you more energy. So unless you are stuffing your face every 2 minutes, it's going to do nothing for you.

Maybe you have a really slow metabolism? There are foods and natural supplements that will help speed it up.

You may have a thyroid problem, or another medical condition that is preventing the fat coming off. You sound like you are doing all the right things, lots of exercise and all that, my advice would be to get the Dr to do some tests to rule out any underlying conditions.

If you do have an underlying condition, depending on what it is, Duromine can actually be a real danger.

Good luck, hope you get it sorted soon!
SW:109.7kg
CW:104.9kg
1st mini goal: Double digits by September 4th!

UGW:55kg
WLTD:4.8kg

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wt50NLQ/
bigboomba

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk