It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:19 am

Free Newsletter

Bored!! I need help with lunches!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Bored!! I need help with lunches!

Postby dietmehappy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I need help! My lunch times are becoming soooo boring. Im a travel agent in the city which is great...except for 1: Talk about temptation! Within two minutes walk of my office there is a red rooser, KFC, Maccas, the best thai takeaway and about 50 food courts, and 2: My office is small and has no kitchen, just an ancient microwave and a small bar fridge in the corner. I have been bringing those fabby pre-packed meals like lean cuisine or weight watchers - which are great, except i am going broke at the cost of them! I have also tried bringing the low fat 2 min microwave soups, but im just getting sooo bored. I am out the door by 7am for my PT and then on the bus to work - i dont get home till 7 or 8 pm - so it needs to be a kind of 'grab and go' solution! Also - (sorry, i know i make it hard!) - i have been eating sandwhiches everyday since i was one and i really need to mix it up a bit! Right now I am feeling as though good food = BORING and bad food (as in the thai takeaway etc) = good food, which is not a habit i want to form! Help!!

Any ideas would be so helpful! Thanks :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wynN5Dd/]
[/url]
dietmehappy

Re: Bored!! I need help with lunches!

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Bring in a can of tuna and grab a salad from somewhere?
SoonToBeSlim

Postby HappyGirl83 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:43 pm

Ok here are my ideas.

- Make meals on the weekend you can freeze up and bring into work to put into the microwave (this is the best option IMO)
- I will often bake a few chicken breasts at a time when making dinner, so I have one for the next 2 days, add them with a salad
- Pre packaged salads are good if you are in a hurry, throw a tomato & onion in a bag and cut them up and add at work
- Sometimes I will have a protein bar and a piece of fruit if I am running super late or it is time to do a shop!
- I have at times what I call a "bitsa" lunch, a few things that make up the cals...such as a yoghurt, fruit and some vitawheat with vegemite
- Soups...but those yummo gourmet ones in a tin. Most are pretty kind on cals & fat, great for these cooling down days!

Take what you can to work and leave it there if you can. I have tons of snacks lurking around work!

Oh and secondly, I make sure my lunch is organised the night before. It is sometimes a drag putting together lunch at 9.30pm but when I am running out that door in the early morning it is a god send! Hope that helped xx
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby Dolly » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:48 pm

I understand your predicament Image
Don't worry though it won't be long and you'll be able to buy low fat McDonalds food in Australia later this year ~click here ~
But until they do sell it here, perhaps for something a little different you could lunchbox a couple of chicken & salad
or cottage cheese & salad or hard boiled egg and salad wraps and store them in the work bar fridge.

Dolly

Postby OhSheGlows » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Have you thought of cooking extra food for dinner and eating the left overs for lunch?

Some suggestions:
Home made soup that you can freeze and take out when needed,
Taking steam fresh vegetable bags with some pre-cooked chicken breast
wraps
tuna and salad

Hmmm....the options are endless, you just have to play around with what you like. That wasn't very helpful :roll: hopefully you can come up with some ideas
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYJj0Pz/]
OhSheGlows

Postby Downsizeme » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:38 pm

If there are so many places for you to buy food, is there anywhere like a sandwich bar that you can get them to do a wrap to order on the days you really want to buy something?

Other than that, I would make sure you make something to take the night before, as being prepared will stop you making a decision you may later regret.

Salad all the time annoys me (lol) so to change it up I make a mango salsa (mango, capsicum, tomato, red onion & a tiny bit of sweet chilli) and have that on a bed of rocket, with strips of grilled chicken breast and a piece of lemon to squeeze over just before eating.

Good luck!
Changing my life, one ounce at a time.

I started this journey on Feb 2 2010 and though I would like to be a size 5 by June, I am prepared to accept that it might take a bit longer :D

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHHCsTy/]
[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby OhSheGlows » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:40 pm

Downsizeme wrote:If there are so many places for you to buy food, is there anywhere like a sandwich bar that you can get them to do a wrap to order on the days you really want to buy something?

Other than that, I would make sure you make something to take the night before, as being prepared will stop you making a decision you may later regret.

Salad all the time annoys me (lol)

Your'so to change it up I make a mango salsa (mango, capsicum, tomato, red onion & a tiny bit of sweet chilli) and have that on a bed of rocket, with strips of grilled chicken breast and a piece of lemon to squeeze over just before eating.

Good luck!

your mango salad sounds yummy. I will have to try that!
OhSheGlows

Postby fi_112 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:55 am

If you're desperate, Macca's sweet chilli seared chicken wrap is about 390 calories I think. In case of emergency! :) xo
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby [email protected] » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi.

I always find I am far better satisfied if I can have a hot meal at lunch. Quiche is a great option and it's really quick. Just make one ahead of time, cut it up and throw it in the freezer ready for those days when you don't have time to pack a lunch. The best bit is you can throw anything in with the eggs, stick it in the oven and 1/2 later you are good to go.

Best of luck
[email protected]

Postby OhSheGlows » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:12 pm

[email protected] wrote:Hi.

I always find I am far better satisfied if I can have a hot meal at lunch. Quiche is a great option and it's really quick. Just make one ahead of time, cut it up and throw it in the freezer ready for those days when you don't have time to pack a lunch. The best bit is you can throw anything in with the eggs, stick it in the oven and 1/2 later you are good to go.

Best of luck

Do the eggs not go off if frozen for to long?
OhSheGlows

Return to Weight loss Talk