It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:26 am

Free Newsletter

Who here buys information or products on the internet?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Who here buys information or products on the internet?

Postby cook123 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:40 pm

Hello to all!! Just a quick question, is there anyone here that buys stuff online? Let us know what your thoughts are towards buying weightloss information or products online. Hope everyone is having a super day!!! :)
Last edited by court on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed advertising link in signature
cook123

Re: Who here buys information or products on the internet?

Postby Weight loss for life » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:00 am

Hi there,

I don't think there is an issue buying products online, as long as you have done your research. However, it really depends on what kind of products and what your weight loss goals are.

I had a lot of trouble losing weight past my 'plateau' last year and a nutritionist/dietition from my gym introduced me to something that worked and helped me shed my last 10kgs. The nutrition plan and supplements I used can be bought online, but what I found helped was the free coaching and support she provided me with. She sat down and explained to me what my bodies' nutritional needs were and checked in with me on a weekly basis. Those weekly weigh-ins and measurements kept me motivated and were key to my success. I had previously tried buying diet shakes and pills online and despite the will power I thought I had or the research I'd done to prove the particular supplement "would work," they never did.

I would much prefer to speak to someone and get first hand proof that the products I'm buying work (she had many before and after photos of her clients and now I' one of them) to be sure I'm spending my money on something that will increase my health.

With regard to information, you will find that you can get a lot of great exercise plan/nutrition information for free on the internet, even though a lot of people try to scam you into paying for e-books about the "new, greatest, weight-loss plan." I have made reading such sites and newsletters a bit of a hobby (maybe obsession lol) so if you would like some more info or sites I visit let me know.

All the best!
Weight loss for life

Postby cook123 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:24 pm

Hi there! Thanks for the reply! Good to hear you were successful in your goals :D Since you enjoy reading those sites, you should check out *spam removed* and let me know what you think!!! Its a really good website on dieting and has some great products!!
cook123

Postby alfred » Tue May 25, 2010 11:04 pm

I have bought information products and other products on the net. Some have been invaluable tools I can use in my daily life and my practice. I also offer information and products on the internet.
alfred

Postby admin » Tue May 25, 2010 11:34 pm

Careful Alfred!

Unsolicited selling is frowned upon on this forum and any posts trying to sell products are quickly deleted by the moderators and myself.

Everyone is welcome on this forum as long as they're motivation is pure and they're not trying to take advantage of our members.

I trust you're not one of these people, welcome.

Scott. :)
admin
Site Admin

Postby alfred » Wed May 26, 2010 12:18 am

Thank you Scott

I'm aware of the guidelines and will not do any unsolicited selling. :)

Alfred
alfred

Postby something different » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:27 am

Hey this is the closest thread in relevancy i could find. Please note this is not spam i dont want anybody to think im trying to sell or promote this product, i just want an opinion and i dont know how else to show it to you. I found it while i was researching online marketing. I'm overweight myself and i have been through the motions of failed diets and wondering why nothing i do works for me. I thought it was worth thinking about. I signed up here for an opinion.
DONT BUY IT, just watch the video, i think the link is connected to my account somehow, im not really internet savvy yet :P but the way i understand it if someone buys it it is good for me anyway haha
but seriously... The guy puts forward a fairly interesting approach before he trys to sell me something. I'm thinking of devising my own way to execute his approach, with the whole liver first thing WITHOUT paying for it. i'm considering asking my doctor about it as well

[spam link removed]

What do people think?
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Awesome. We have a sandpit for the spammers to play in.
something different

Postby Jisgone » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:16 pm

You know spam is coming when they say 'this isnt spam' hahaha :)
Jisgone

Postby Lovanna » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:24 pm

I've s buying stuff like book in online shops many years ago. after this i started to oder clothes. and now i trust many online drugstores. my friend is friendly with net and sites) if i find something interesting about weight loss products i read information and sometimes order.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed advertising link. Please refer to forum rules.
Lovanna

Postby stevo1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:25 am

I buy stuff all the time: books, DVDs, e-books, supplements, etc.

However, if you haven't done it before and you intend to buy stuff online, here's a few things to be aware of because I have been burnt too.

1. Is the company you're considering purchasing from reputable? The big, popular websites are best.

2. Is there a 'continuity program' in place? This means they will send you product each month and will charge you accordingly. Some of the companies that have this system make it extremely difficult to get off their program. A good example is the Acai weight loss product scam that is STILL popular at the moment. By the way, don't use this product- it may be good for health but ACAI IS NOT A WEIGHT LOSS PRODUCT!!! There is not a single paper that says that it is and believe me, I have looked!

3. Look for solid, scientific information on the benefits of a product. There is so much crap out there as well as mis-information, deception and downright lies that you have to keep your guard up at all times! Don't get conned by the BS before and after photos, the dozen of made-up testimonials, etc. Even ask for a free sample to try it out first. Almost all reputable companies will be only too happy to give you a free sample if they believe in their product.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Steve.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Links removed. Please refer to forum rules.
stevo1

Return to Weight loss Talk