It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:55 pm

Free Newsletter

I've been thinking

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I've been thinking

Postby Carley » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:56 pm

I've been thinking a lot lately, surprise, surprise right? I'm thinking of changing my goal from losing weight to maintaining. Even though my BMI is just in the over weight section, I feel healthy, I feel good, I have a lot of energy I eat well, I exercise, I enjoy life. I personally hate the BMI, so does my doctor and what ever I do he supports. I felt good when I was only weighing myself once every two weeks. Now I feel miserable weighing myself every day. I do not like feeling like this. I have to accept the reality no matter what number I am, I will always have the Mum belly. No matter what number I am, I will always want a tad lower and lower. I'm proud of myself for not weighing myself today, a small step but a huge one for me.

So I'm closing a journey, opening another. And you know what? I'm okay with that. I've come along way since last year. I am happy. I am healthy. I am alive.

Since January 2009, I have lost 37 kilos (81.4lbs) I have gone from 106 kilos (233lbs) to 69 kilos (151.8lbs) Seriously how amazing is that? I am going to look at what I have done not at what I could have done.
I am in a great heads pace and I love it. Here is to maintaining :)
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Re: I've been thinking

Postby ali76 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:35 pm

Good for you hun!!

After all, isn't the most important goal to be happy and healthy? Numbers don't matter - whether it be weight, height, BMI, age...it's how you feel about yourself.

There should be more people like you who are proud of who they are and what they've achieved!

xoxox
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Re: I've been thinking

Postby setweight4life » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:51 am

That is a good decision. When doing a serious weight management program, you should always remember that our body does tire from all the exercise and dieting. Ones in a while, you should also learn to take your much needed rest. If you feel that your body can still lose some more, then just schedule another journey for yourself. :)
Last edited by matchbox on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no advertising links please
setweight4life

Return to Weight loss Talk