It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:36 am

Free Newsletter

I've been thinking

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I've been thinking

Postby Carley » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:56 pm

I've been thinking a lot lately, surprise, surprise right? I'm thinking of changing my goal from losing weight to maintaining. Even though my BMI is just in the over weight section, I feel healthy, I feel good, I have a lot of energy I eat well, I exercise, I enjoy life. I personally hate the BMI, so does my doctor and what ever I do he supports. I felt good when I was only weighing myself once every two weeks. Now I feel miserable weighing myself every day. I do not like feeling like this. I have to accept the reality no matter what number I am, I will always have the Mum belly. No matter what number I am, I will always want a tad lower and lower. I'm proud of myself for not weighing myself today, a small step but a huge one for me.

So I'm closing a journey, opening another. And you know what? I'm okay with that. I've come along way since last year. I am happy. I am healthy. I am alive.

Since January 2009, I have lost 37 kilos (81.4lbs) I have gone from 106 kilos (233lbs) to 69 kilos (151.8lbs) Seriously how amazing is that? I am going to look at what I have done not at what I could have done.
I am in a great heads pace and I love it. Here is to maintaining :)
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos

Re: I've been thinking

Postby ali76 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:35 pm

Good for you hun!!

After all, isn't the most important goal to be happy and healthy? Numbers don't matter - whether it be weight, height, BMI,'s how you feel about yourself.

There should be more people like you who are proud of who they are and what they've achieved!

SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)

Re: I've been thinking

Postby setweight4life » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:51 am

That is a good decision. When doing a serious weight management program, you should always remember that our body does tire from all the exercise and dieting. Ones in a while, you should also learn to take your much needed rest. If you feel that your body can still lose some more, then just schedule another journey for yourself. :)
Last edited by matchbox on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no advertising links please

Return to Weight loss Talk