It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:32 am

Free Newsletter

static weight

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

static weight

Postby sarafina777 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:36 pm

Man, I am not very happy at the moment. I haven't lost any weight all weight, and in fact I put on! How can this be, when I have been exercising five days a week, sweating it out? Watching what I eat?

Damn those scales! Time to throw them out...but I'm addicted to them! I know, some will say it's only cos I've been exercising so much that i'm getting increased muscle...and that's why I'm not losing weight... but i'm at the beginning of my weight loss plan, how could I have reached a plateau already?!

Anyway, I'll get over it. I'm still eyeing that pair of jeans that I've hung on my wall. Come new year, they'd better fit!
sarafina777

Postby pixychic86 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:49 pm

the scales can lie! u could be building up muscles and that increases weight. do body measurements instead
pixychic86

Postby slimmindown » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:32 pm

Sarafina, i know how frustrating it can be.
I wonder the same I've been exercising like crazy ,eating everything I should,and i have so much to lose and the scales arent budging.
But everyday I feel pretty good that I havent eaten the wrong things and that I am making this huge change in my life.
Thats the feeling that I love and it keeps me focused.
The weight will come off in its own time. And I feel fantastic in the mean time, for the first time in years. :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Puffer » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:30 pm

Sarafina I know exactly how you feel. I am stuck at 72kg... have been for a good month now - I only started a few weeks before I got stuck and have only lost 3kg - I am thinking the same thing: how could I possibly have plateued this soon? Every week lately I have been stepping on the scales just *hoping* for 71kg and near crying because despite keeping to 5500kj every day and exercising 3 times + a week I am not loosing anything at all

It just feels like such a wasted effort doesn't it? It would be so easy to give up right now but I know if I keep going, even if it takes a month surely if I just keep going I will get past 72kg. If I give up, I will never get past this number, and will spend my 21st birthday wishing I had have done whatever it took to keep going. Whatever you do, don't give up!

I *hate* 72kg rrrrrrrrr
Puffer

Not alone

Postby sarafina777 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:59 pm

Hey, thanks for the positivity, guys! You're right, still feels good to know that you can last the day without eating rubbish, or just slobbing around.

It's just a bit hard to stick to that regime when nothing happens! But you're right...better to do something knowing that eventually the weight will come off. Far better than doing nothing, and knowing that for certain you'll get bigger, or just stay the same.

It's so good to know I'm not the only one stuck on a certain weight.
sarafina777

Postby louise » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:56 am

i find it can also be helpful to have a slight change of focus, like focus on your fitness, being able to run so far in so much time, or being able to lift such a weight or whatever, or your diet and say you will make sure you eat so much fruit or veg or drink so much water. that way, by focusing on your health, you won't feel depressed and anxious about your weight, which can make for a hinderance to weight loss, if you focus on your health and can feel that your getting healthier, fitter etc. you won't feel so sad if you don't lose weight for a bit because you are still making progress! and chances are you lose more weight anyway. I don't it works for me. I think sometimes when you goals are too strongly weight driven, then you can make bad food choices (trying to restrict too much and miss out on nutrition, or binge) or feel that its not worth going to the gym because you aren't losing weight. I felt a bit like this, but now although I am still concerned about losing weight, I am primarily concerned about my health and wellbeing and in having this as my main focus as oppose to losing weight, I am losing more weight than when my main focus was losing weight.
Hope that helps! Good luck!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
louise

so true

Postby sarafina777 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:39 am

Thanks, Louise! You're right, there does need to be a shift of focus I think - being healthy each day is a far better goal than losing weight - at least I know I can be successful at the former whatever happens with the latter.

I have other negative stuff in my life at the moment - seems to be getting more intense every day, and it's depressing me, so I took that feeling this morning when I was walking, and sweated it out. Doesn't make me feel much better though...but at least I know I'm gonna be healthy today! :wink:
sarafina777

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:33 am

well done sarafina. i always think exercise helps to clear my head of worries. it doesnt make them go away of course but it gives you that break from the worry for awhile!

keep your chin up and you'll be fine:) we are always here to uplift you!

kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:43 am

Keep at it Sarafina. Louise has given some excellent advice there. Being healthy is definitely what we all want more of.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

thanks..

Postby sarafina777 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:31 am

:cry: Hi guys, thanks for all your support, have posted a new topic about my plateau and new health focus (and my disheartening feeling about it all) - guess it still fits with this topic, but didn't know for sure - cos now I've gone UP in weight...help me!
sarafina777

Return to Weight loss Talk