It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:27 am

Free Newsletter

Do you calculate?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you calculate?

Postby FatFukShrinking » Fri May 14, 2010 3:15 pm

I always calculate !! I'm obsessed, i work out how much weight i could possibly hope to lose by the end of the year, best and average results. What weight i will be. How long it will take me to achieve my long term goals.

I think this helps me to know where i am at, but it also drives me a little crazy lol

What are your calculations for the rest of this year? Here are mine.

Current weight : 116kgs

32 weeks left in the year.

If i lost on average 500grams per week for 32 weeks, by the end of the year i could lose 16kilos and be weighing in at 100kilos

If i lost on average 700grams per week for 32 weeks, by the end of the year i could lose 22.4kilos and be weighing in at 93.6kilos

If i lost on average 1kilo per week for 32 weeks, by the end of the year i could lose 32kilos and be weighing in at 84kilos

Ok so what i am aiming for is some where between, we all know you can't consistently lose 1kilo every week, but some weeks you lose more than 1 kilo, some less, sometimes nothing, sometimes a gain! With that in mind i'm going to go some where in the middle and aim to lose 20 kilos in 32 weeks. That is 625grams on average per week. Making me 96 kilos by the end of the year.

Lol i really love calculating all these things!! Am i the only person?

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Re: Do you calculate?

Postby Downsizeme » Sat May 15, 2010 1:34 pm

yes!

lol, just kidding...

I have an analytical mind as well, and am goal focused so the calculations appeal to me, but with weight loss I have tried to let that go and just let the weight loss happen, as I am so controlled in other areas of my life (work)

I also don't want to get overwhelmed by the total amount of weight I have to lose, so my short term goal is to get to 20kg, and at the moment I am looking no farther than that.

Whatever works for you I say! :D

Cheers
Serena
Changing my life, one ounce at a time.

I started this journey on Feb 2 2010 and though I would like to be a size 5 by June, I am prepared to accept that it might take a bit longer :D

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHHCsTy/]
[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby Carley » Sat May 15, 2010 9:31 pm

I do that too! If I lost 500 grams over 32 weeks which is 16 kilos I'd be 55 kilos too skinny for me (I haven't said that for a long time!!!)

I want to be 65 kilos by end of year which means I need to lose 200 grams a week to bring me to 64.6 kilos

When you look at it like that it seems extremely likely that I will do it :D

Thank you for this post, I'm a bit flat at the moment!
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby FatFukShrinking » Sun May 16, 2010 6:26 pm

Lol hey everyone!

At least i know a couple of people don't think i am completely crazy. I'd like to get to about 65 kilos one day. At the moment though, i'll be over the moon to get out of triple digits :)

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Postby Carley » Sun May 16, 2010 9:20 pm

FatFukShrinking wrote:Lol hey everyone!

At least i know a couple of people don't think i am completely crazy. I'd like to get to about 65 kilos one day. At the moment though, i'll be over the moon to get out of triple digits :)

That was my goal at the start of last year and I did it. I know you can do it if you put in the hard work!

good luck!
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby zalma » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:44 am

I usually check my weight everyday because they said it's one of the most effective way to keep your ideal weight or lose weight. :D I think it's a slow process but it kinda works for ne. :D
Last edited by court on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: advertising removed
zalma

Postby fatchick25 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Wow I thought I was the only one that did it. I spend every saturday going over my goals for each month, and work out if i lose .5 per week I will be ? weight by the end of year. Im glad im not the only one.
fatchick25

Postby alizezz » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:58 pm

I like calculate!
alizezz

Postby PortlyPrincess » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:12 am

I used to do this all the time. I used to pick a riduculous target and then try make a plan, where I was going to lose 3kg a week for 3 months by eating only jam or something crazy. I once filled in a diary with all the weight I was going to lose one year. I found it later, had lost none, and reached for the mud cake to console myself.

I have decided to not make strict weekly targets this time just to avoid that feeling of failure if it all doesn't run to plan. As a general guide I would like to lose at least another 37 kilos by the end of the year which I think is reasonable for my size.
PortlyPrincess

Postby PortlyPrincess » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:13 am

I used to do this all the time. I used to pick a riduculous target and then try make a plan, where I was going to lose 3kg a week for 3 months by eating only jam or something crazy. I once filled in a diary with all the weight I was going to lose one year. I found it later, had lost none, and reached for the mud cake to console myself.

I have decided to not make strict weekly targets this time just to avoid that feeling of failure if it all doesn't run to plan. As a general guide I would like to lose at least another 37 kilos by the end of the year which I think is reasonable for my size.

PortlyPrincess

Postby Sara89 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:55 pm

I do this all the time to not just with my weightloss but with everything I always write lists
SW 110.9kgs
CW- 104.9Kg
First mini goal - 100kg
GW 70kgs
Goal size 12
If you dont know where your heading, you might just end up someplace else

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEMaK6R/]
[/url]
Sara89

Postby Runner » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:30 pm

I have a few things I like to calculate, like what my BMI will be at different weights, and how much I would have to weigh to have a BMI of 20. How much weight I have to put on to be in the overweight range. I also like to calcluate my ideal running weight at different heights, which is stupid because I will never be 5cm taller! I used to do it all the time but I don't it so much anymore.
Runner

Return to Weight loss Talk