It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:36 am

Free Newsletter

Why do you give up?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Why do you give up?

Postby JenniferDavis » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:22 am

I think the biggest problem is to be fully motivated in the long run. People come here because thae are looking for an answer to a VERY difficult question - how to lose weight without changing food preferences and eating habits.
Have you noticed that the most busy threads are those that suggest some quick wins? Losing weight can be easy but you REALLY have to desire it...
JenniferDavis

Re: Why do you give up?

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:52 pm

I never actually 'give up' per se. I just find myself 'giving in' more often than I should! :lol:

Although I know intellectually I have to maintain lifestyle change for the rest of my life to lose the weight and keep it off, it can be really hard when my old habits of red wine and snackies are so, so tempting. Emotionally, immediate gratification wins over any long term benefits. This is especially dangerous when I'm happy with my body. I'm not at goal yet, but I've come to accept my curves and lumpy bits( although I'd prefer it if they were a little less curvy and lumpy!) I've found that when I'm happy with the way I look I'm less likely to worry about losing weight. The problem is that's when I'm likely to gain weight! I really need to keep myself on a tighter leash! :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk