It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:21 am

Free Newsletter

WeightWatchers question

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Garfield » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:36 pm

Gosh, I didn't mean to start a huge debate... I think everyone should do some yoga or something and relax.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby Ally » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:03 am

Fair enough Jodie, I certainly felt that everyone else was being shot down for NOT doing Weight Watchers.....Weight loss, no matter how you choose to do it, is bloody hard and this forum has been an absolute saving grace for me at times. We all meet here for support and encouragement and how we choose to do it is certainly an individual choice. There are quite a few people on WW here as there are Tony Ferguson. We are not here to pick or start arguments....as Chubbybubby said let's just chill out.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:10 am

I can't go to weight watchers because I think I'm too small... people at the meeting would laugh at me :( It seems like a pretty good program though - easy to follow and you get to meet people in similar situations at the meetings (like a real life version of this forum maybe :wink: ) Best of luck Jodie :D
SarahC

Postby jodie259 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:34 am

thanks for the replies.
As I see it Garfield originally asked a WEIGHT WATCHERS question.
Chubbybubby answered it, and I followed it up with some more information and some facts. (not my opinions - but facts).
Garfield replied and said it wasn't right for her... and that's fine, and that's where it should have ended.

But then Kate comes on and says she doesn't agree with my comment. I was personally attacked and I merely defended what I said. Then everyone else jumps on the band wagon and states their opinions too. Kate says she's "I'm not here to knock other programmes"... yet she was either "knocking other programmes" or "knocking me personally" by her comment. If she didn't want to "knock anything" she should have said nothing.

I just think that if someone wants to "Not Agree" with someones comments - maybe they could use the Private Message function rather than airing their disagreements. Or if people consider this an open forum and they want to air their disagreements then I should have the opportunity to state my reasons for making the original statement without needing to "chill" and "relax".

I have NEVER tried to force anyone into Weight Watchers. If they want information - I'm happy to provide it. I don't see where I was "shooting anyone down" for not doing WW??
If someone put up a post that said "please tell me about Tony Ferguson programme" wouldn't others be helpful, and provide information???
As a WW I would
NEVER get on a post like that and say "I don't agree".
I consider that rude, and attacking their method of weight loss.

I don't have a problem with Tony Ferguson or ANY other weightloss programme. But if I did have a problem with it - I would never air my 'disagreements' in a public forum. I do have some 'concerns' about certain issues on this forum... but I am respectful enough to not voice them.

Personally, I came to this site - and recommended quite a number of your newer members to this forum - for three reasons.
1. having recently had a baby, I need to lose 25 kilos
2. I was a member of a very similar weightloss forum which has since closed down
3. I find the Weight Watchers forum very frustrating to use.

But after this post - of which I was answering a specific Weight Watchers question - I am feeling very uncomfortable about posting on this forum. Maybe I am a 'late comer' and there are lots of TF fans on this site that don't agree with WW principals. Maybe it is best that I just leave and go to another forum as there are plenty out there that offer support and encouragement to everyone. Maybe I don't need any forum at all. I lost another 1.6kg last night, and I know I can make this weight loss journey because I want to, and I have the support network at WW to do it.

I wish everyone success in their weight loss goals... whichever method they choose to take.

Jodie
Mum of 2
Shaun born 27/05/06 & Shelli born 26/11/07
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHe6RPO/]
[/url]
jodie259

Postby Ally » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:40 am

Congratulations on your weight loss jodie and i am sorry that you feel that way about this forum. I wish you every success in your future weight loss efforts.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby LadyBug » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:45 am

Jodie... Pop into the WW forum. I know what you mean by it being frustrating. But it is so supportive and chock-a-block full of ww info.

This place is awesome and i love it. But if i have a WW question i go to the ww forum... saves this kind of [email protected] happening! :lol:

Hope to see you there Jode.
xoxo ~Ali

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
LadyBug

Postby SarahC » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:56 am

Hi Jodie. I know how badly it sucks when you are not understood or your comments are taken the wrong way. It is so frustrating! I had a similar thing happen to me on another forum. I must have said something the wrong way or something... but the abuse that I copped! You can read about my trials and tribulations here :arrow: Calorie King :shock:
SarahC

Postby chubbybubby » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:19 am

Jodie, I really think you are reading into something that simply isnt there..... Kate said she didnt agree with what you said, I think that she thought you meant Weight watchers is the most sucessful program in the world (meaning has the highest success rate of weight lost etc) rather than the most popular or the richest program in the world. Im positive she meant nothing by it, neither did anyone else who replied. No one was bashing or personally attacking you, just voicing their opinions, which has to be ok, or else what is the point of a forum at all? The people here are lovely and very supportive, and would not ever say anything to make you feel uncomfortable, harrassed or picked on. I think it was a misunderstanding, and we should just move on xxx :)
Btw, I use the WW site, I did find it a bit complicated, but now Im used to it, its ok... there are some brilliant people, but a few nasty ones too.... That's why I prefer this site, the people are great, and because we are such a small group, I think we are so much closer. xxx
chubbybubby

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:26 am

Good luck with your weightloss journey jodie and i am glad you have the support and focus you need to strive for your goals :)best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:37 pm

Well done on your weight loss Jodie that is fantastic.

I certainly hope you do not leave but if you feel you must then that is your prerogative. Your contributions are as valued as any member whether old or new and I have found them informative, supportive and encouraging and hope they will continue.

I am now going to lock this thread as I think it's time to. Anything further can be taken up privately. Please pm me if you think this inappropriate as I am a moderator by accident rather than design so I'm still getting the hang of it.

Cheers
Kim :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk