It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:52 pm

Free Newsletter

Challenge urgently needed!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Challenge urgently needed!!

Postby Paula76 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi all - I am new here. I have been in maintenance mode for the last 6 weeks and have decided enough is enough. The only way I seem to have lost any weight in the last 18 mths (since I started) is when I was part of a challenge. Challenges motivate me to do more and lost weight.

I was just wondering are there any challenges going on here atm that I can join in with? I need to be accountable for both exercise and weigh ins.

My starting weight (18mths ago) was 123kgs - I am now 96.2 but still need to get down to 76kgs to reach my goal weight.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Hoping to get to know you all.

Paula
Paula
SW 123kgs
CW 96.2kgs

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1wrFMM/]

Image[/url]
Paula76

Re: Challenge urgently needed!!

Postby FatFukShrinking » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:13 pm

Hey Paula, congrats on your weight loss to date! :D :D

I think short challenges are best for getting more people to participate. What about a 6 week challenge?
Free to people of all weights to enter. Just make your weight loss pledge in the first week, and leave your start weight.

I'd love to participate in whatever you come up with!

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Postby Paula76 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:31 pm

Thanks - ok I guess if we can get a minimum of 6 people enthused it will help us all keep on track. I actually like to incorporate exercise as well as WL into a challenge - otherwise I tend not to exercise. It will be based on mins of exercise because not everyone may have a HRM.

Start this Friday - end date 23 July. Weigh in and also post your goal weight for the end of the 6 weeks.
Exercise mins - something I have found really motivating is to have a group goal of exercise mins - everyone needs to pledge how many mins exercise they think they will do in a week and keep it updated. There are google spreadsheets we can set up to keep posting exercise when it is done individually with the group target reducing as we enter the mins in - if that makes sense!!! I found that contributing to a group total makes you more inclined to do it as you are not just letting yourself down but the whole team. If we get 6 members - we could have 3 in each team - a little friendly competition if you like.

We could have a google spreadsheet for the WL recording as well. And a post here where we can talk about daily highs and lows.

What do you think?
Paula
SW 123kgs
CW 96.2kgs

Image[/url]
Paula76

Postby Sassyt » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:23 pm

Great Idea!!!

I am up for It. I could use something to shake things up, keep me on my toes!!! Im in. I think that can be done on challenges section of this forum :!: Hope we can get more ppl to join in and get moving!
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby Sassyt » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:31 pm

BTW I know I can do 200mins per week and it would be nice if Im @ 86kg in 6 weeks
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby HappyGirl83 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:23 pm

I'll join! I will weigh in Friday to get my starting weight and probably put my goal weight as 5kg less than that.

Secretly I would LOVE to be under 90kg at the end of it...might be wishful thinking though!

Are we going to move to the challenges section?
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby Sassyt » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:26 pm

Lol Happygal you just spit out my thoughts I secretly I really wish to be @ 85kg or less but I just kept it my little secrete.
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby Shay » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:05 am

Can i join but not to lose weight, just to be accountable for eating and exercise? I'm a little knocked up and am not meant to lose weight hehe.
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby Paula76 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:16 am

Awesome!! That's 5 - if we can get one more person to join we can have an equal number of people for the exercise component. I will start to make up the spreadsheet so it is ready for Friday start.

Members so far:
Paula
FFS
Sassy
HG83
Shay

If you prefer to be called by your actual name then please edit the list so I know what to enter you in as. This should be good! Remember though if you commit to the exercise it is important that you do your absolute best to get it done.

I will commit to 300mins per week. What I will do is add all the mins of everyone together and then work out the average for the 2 teams - if you do more - great! That just means more fitness and weight loss. The winning exercise team will be the one that has done the most - but both teams need to reach the set target. Hope this makes sense and doesn't seem to bossy! :D

If you want to enter in your starting weight on Friday on the spreadsheet that will give us all a starting point - Shay you don't have to do this - congrats on the pregnancy by the way!!

I will setup a new challenge thread in the challenge section and once the spreadsheet is setup give you all the link so you can keep updating.

Thanks for joining!
Paula
Paula
SW 123kgs
CW 96.2kgs

Image[/url]
Paula76

Postby nelbel » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Heya!!! Can I be the sixth person!!!???? Ijust started KM today and will be going on a trip to Sydney on the 29th of this month so would love!!!! to be involved!
nelbel

Postby Shay » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:11 pm

Paula76 wrote:If you want to enter in your starting weight on Friday on the spreadsheet that will give us all a starting point - Shay you don't have to do this - congrats on the pregnancy by the way!!

Thanks Paula! :D

I might give my starting weight just to see how much i gain over the next 6 weeks :)
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby HappyGirl83 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:21 pm

Sounds good Paula! Weigh in tomorrow and I'll nominate my exercise mins, prob 250 a week min.
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby Paula76 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:11 am

Hi Girls,

I have posted in the challenges thread but no-one has come there! Except for another new member. Could you please all head over to the challenges thread - I need to get the spreadsheet setup with everyones targets and weights. I will ask you all some questions there. See you there!

Paula.
Paula
SW 123kgs
CW 96.2kgs

Image[/url]
Paula76

Postby alizezz » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:59 pm

Wow its amazing!
alizezz

Return to Weight loss Talk