It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:52 am

Free Newsletter

How to lose weight?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

How to lose weight?

Postby alizezz » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:52 pm

I am a type 1 diabetic, I was diagnosed when I was 19, im 27 in a few days. My problem is as soon as I was admitted to hospital I put 1 stone in weight on in the week I was there and another 5 stone since. I used to go to they gym for 2 hours a day but I went down to 1 hour and then just swimming, dog walking and exercise at home as I kept having too many hypos and the doctor said if I just keep to a healthy diet I would be ok. I am taking Novorapid with each meal and Levemir at night. I kept going back to my doctors for help and advice but they just said it will settle. I have managed to lose 2 stone of this weight but have 4 to go. Nothing seems to be working and I just wondered if anyone else is having trouble as most people on here seem to find it hard to GAIN weight as a type 1? I have signed up for a carb counting course at the hospital so fingers crossed this might help a bit as I may be able to reduce my insulin, I eat 3 healthy meals per day with the odd bacon sarnie or pizza maybe once a month!?
alizezz

Re: How to lose weight?

Postby stevo1 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:58 pm

Hi Alizezz,

I am certainly not a doctor so I am not offerring medical advice here.

However, here are some tips that may help:

I assume that the medication you are taking is pharmaceutical-based insulin. Keep in mind that high insulin stops fat burning so your goal should be to try and keep insulin low without it having a negative impact on your health or your condition.

1. Eat smaller meals and perhaps consider reducing the amount of medication you take with each meal (less insulin will be required with smaller meals).

2. Perhaps use glucose disposal agents like chromium, gymnema, alpha lipoic acid, cinnamon, etc. to assist the insulin in its function so it can work more efficiently.

3. Don't exercise more than 1 hour per day. There is no need to be more than that.

4. Definitely consider dropping your carb intake (without cutting it out altogether).

Always speak to your doctor before trying any of these tips. These are just a couple of tips that you may find helpful in getting the extra weight off.

Cheers,

Steve.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising links are not allowed in signatures.
stevo1

Postby sunndy33colors » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:34 pm

I think it is important to find a way which belongs to you.Exercise is very important ,some people can not keep it on,and give it up so soon,
I have ever been a fat person ,and i was worried about myself.because i had few firends at that time,so i told myself,i should take action.
i do more exercise everytime,i kept it for a long time,now i am becoming a slim and i am so happy.If you want to lose weight,you can try to do that.it is quite usuful
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising link removed
sunndy33colors

Postby Gordz » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:42 pm

do us all a favour and please use the standard font?
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby janyrobert23 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:51 pm

Colon Cleansing is the natural way of weight loss.I am sure that after this method you can easily loss weight in few weeks.
janyrobert23

Postby Gordz » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:48 pm

stagnant censored being removed may equal weight loss, but it's hardly doing anything that we on this forum really need.
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby axxies » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:32 am

janyrobert23 wrote:Colon Cleansing is the natural way of weight loss.I am sure that after this method you can easily loss weight in few weeks.

That can' give any permanent results, can it!?
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
axxies

Postby sc88 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:17 am

anything but diet pills! i purchased diet pills from *SPAM*
SICK as a puppy! Diarrhoea migraines, headaches and vomitting!

I found out they were selling fake pills and protein shakes! and products that arent even FDA approved! So frustrating

anyways, back on topic.. if you're really really unhealthy.. start off REALLY slow: wake up early and walk 30mins everyday.
if you do that once a week, second week start eating healthy and lots of water.
third week i joined the gym and fourth week Zumba classes! lost 2-3kgs this month

just remmeber, no diet pills!
sc88

Postby Vogin » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:31 pm

Change your lifestyle. Do it slowly, because small steps assure your success.

Eat more fruits and vegetable, drink a lot of water and run, that's working for me.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vogin

Return to Weight loss Talk