It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:22 am

Free Newsletter

Going back to my old ways...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Going back to my old ways...

Postby manda-261 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:00 pm

Hey guys,

Im new here and only the young age of 19, when I was a younger teenager (14-16) I weighed in around 86kgs, was wearing size 18 clothes and was miserable and for some reason one day I decided to turn that all around....and within a year was down to 70kgs and wearing size 12-14 clothes and eventually got down to 65kgs and a size 9-10 which I was very very happy about....but now I seem to be creeping back to the way I was...My clothes are getting far too small even the baggier size 12 stuff I had is become to small and scared to weigh myself as I dont want to be even more dissapointed with myself, I use to be so active walkin and cycling each day and my diet was a lot healthier as I was unable to eat dairy which made my eating choices limited and now I just feel like Im failing, everyweek I decide yep this is the week I will eat healthy and excercise everyday somedays Ill make it to Wednesday sometimes I wont even make it past the first day I jst cant stop eating junk and jst dont have the energy to do anything...Im lacking the motivation I use to have... Some nights I even lay awake thinking of all the great things I will do the next day to turn my life around ... doesnt ever happen,,,

So I am just wondering who else has experienced this, and if you have any tips to jump back on the band wagon coz I really dont want to go back to they way I was...

Thanks Amanda
manda-261

Re: Going back to my old ways...

Postby alyssa-jane » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:06 pm

Ive been a bit of a yoyo dieter and one tip I picked up was to put a photo of your old self on the fridge that way its a daily reminder of how you used to look and a reminder to keep living a healthy life. If its what you really want you can do it! And everyone here will be around to support you :D
alyssa-jane

Postby HealthyBodies02 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:16 am

Hi,

Perhaps instead of the photo idea, which made you think this is why i need to keep the weight off/lose wight, perhaps you should try something different, perhaps a little bit of positive reinforcement.

before you do this, create a goal. (Example I want to be65-67kg and size 9-10 again)

Step one - Get a note book & pen
Step two - Get a set of scales and a Waist tape
Step Three - Get up in the morning and do the three W's. Wee, Weigh & Write. Do this every morning
Step four - Don't just stop eating, Find the diet that suits you, there are targeted diets out there that will help you keep off the weight once you have lost it.
Step 5 - Once a week measure your waist, thighs and around your upper arms (biceps) and record
Step 6 - When reviewing your notebook, remember sometimes good things take time

I Beleive the best way to lose weight is to look at your body, record what is happening, there is no better motivation than seeing what you have done, rather than what you have been or don't want to be. And to not look as a diet as feeding your body as a whole, rather to feed every cell in your body with everything that they need, No more, No less. Its a fine balance but its the healthiest way. If you need more information on targeted nutrition.

And that goes for anyone who is interested
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Commercial email link removed
HealthyBodies02

Postby Latisha » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:06 pm

I completely agree. I am in the same boat myself.

Starting to write down everything in regards to the weight loss journey. How I am feeling, why I am doing what I do. Its sort of self help I suppose, just like coming onhere. Don't give up. Never give up.

I can get down to the 'magic numbers' but for me, when I get there, I think to myself, what now? I have come to a conclusion that for some reason I am happy when I make myself unhappy then get to watch the numbers go down again.... What is with that. When I eat too much food, i wouldn't even say I enjoy doing it, I just do it. Bordem maybe? Who knows, that can't be the real answer as I have plenty of things I could be doing instead...

Sorry, I have just totally waffled on about nothing, just questions i need to answer myself. ne thing though, I am determined to stay dedicated to coming on here to give and receive support (well hopefully I will recieve the latter!!)

The question I need to answer, is why? 7.6kg in 4 weeks...... !!! Why? It is a very imprtant question, so while I loose it, I need to answer that. I just hope it doesn't take too long to do either. As once I have lost it, I know I will only want to loose more.

BUT, my one piece of advice to you is to take before pictures. For your eyes only :) You never know, they may even be that good, you'll want to share them. I have taken mine tonight. I now know I am going to get under 60kg's again. aiming for the 59's and see what happens from there!
05/07/2010 - 67.5kg
12/07/2010 - 62.6kg

First goal 60kg
Second goal 57.5kg
Third goal 56kg
Final goal 55kg
Latisha

Postby bellajenny » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi,

I think that you need a friend or two, close friends, to help you stay motivated.
I find it very hard to keep to a plan by my self. Often I'll just say "I'll do it tomorrow".
If you have a friend keeping you going forward, you'll find things much easier.

Jenn.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam removed
bellajenny

Postby Kye20 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:23 pm

Hi,

In these early years alot of people find there weight shifting all the time, often due to alot of different factors, small changes in there lifestyle. This is some great advice from other posters and i also strongly agree to making records of everything so you can trace your progress, and the periods of time in which your weight loss/gain shifts. Its great to see you are getting onto this chnage very quickly and i wish you all the best
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam removed
Kye20

Return to Weight loss Talk