It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:55 pm

Free Newsletter

soooo desperate!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

soooo desperate!!!

Postby fee_h » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:42 pm

OK, so I have been "dieting" "healthy eating" for yrs and always maintained a good weight until 3yrs ago I started to gain and keep doing so....
Im so at a loss, I have tried the delivered eating plans, scarsdale and latest Censored and NOTHING has so much as moved even a KILO fgrom my body and Im starting to panic as I feel how my body is becoming bigger and less flexible due to the weight and Ive always been extremely flexible and enjoyed yoga but now I can hardy strike the poses required....
I need some serious help and would like any suggestions??

cheers fee :(
fee_h

Re: soooo desperate!!!

Postby Sassyt » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Hi fee
I am personally so useless on such issues but you sound more like one of my friend who would attend gym religiously and eat relatively healthy but not loose a gram. She then visited her GP who found a problem was with her thyrod and since treatment she has lost 18kg and still going maybe you would like to see your gp as well.

Hope you get help and get a chance to the bod you deserve!!!

Good luck!
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby tawa » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:57 am

hi, sassyt has a good point, the thyroid controls how quickly the body uses energy, makes proteins, and controls how sensitive the body should be to other hormones. Question, do you eat processed foods?

This article "Fighting Fat Forever" may be big help to you. in the diet section it talks about the brain and liver and how processed food affects your hormones.
[link removed]
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Repeated spamming with the same link over the forum.
tawa

Postby stevo1 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Hi Fee,

There are many causes of unexplained weight gain and these causes usually result in a dysfunctioning organ or system in the body, which then leads to unusual weight gain.

Most of the causes of sudden weight gain may be overcome by following correct weight loss principles and all of these principles are available on this forum. However, whilst these principles will work for 95% of people, there is a portion of the population who experience unexplained weight gain and for whom these principles are ineffective.

The reason why these principles don’t work for everyone isn’t because the principles aren’t effective but rather because the person’s body has an ‘inhibitory factor’ that is stopping them from being effective in their body.

For example, if high levels of toxic metals (lead, mercury, cadmium) are detected in a person’s body then it is highly likely that their thyroid gland will not function properly. Of course, the thyroid gland is responsible for controlling metabolism and if it is impaired then the metabolism will be depressed and weight loss will be virtually impossible!

The conventional way of treating a low functioning thyroid is to simply give the person thyroid hormones.

This does not get rid of the cause of the problem, it only masks the symptoms!

It also means that the person taking the thyroid medication will need to use it for the rest of their life because the cause of the thyroid problem never gets addressed. [NOTE: There are many causes of thyroid dysfunction and this is only one possible cause.]

There are literally dozens of causes of unexplained weight gain and unless you work with someone who is knowledgeable and experienced in this area, then it is highly unlikely that the ultimate cause of your sudden weight gain will never be discovered!

Here is a list of some of the causes of unusual weight gain:

• Toxic metals in the body
• Inflammation
• Leptin resistance
• Excess cortisol
• Gastrointestinal disturbances
• Adrenal dysfunction
• Liver dysfunction
• Hormonal imbalances
• Mitochondrial dysfunction
• Nutritional deficiencies

This is just a sample of some of the causes of unexplained weight gain.

Nevertheless, no matter what the cause of sudden weight gain, the procedure in dealing with it is always the same. The first step that needs to be taken is to complete a Symptoms Checklist.

This checklist will help to narrow down the possible causes of the unexplained weight gain in women based on the symptoms that the person experiences.

Conduct the Required Testing Protocol
Based on the symptoms that the person presents with, a series of tests is selected that can identify any dysfunction in the body. The type of tests performed include: saliva, blood, urine, stool and hair. In each of these tests the laboratory that analyses the tests is asked to look for specific ‘markers’. The markers they test for include: hormones, parasites, minerals, amino acids and many others.

Analyse the Results
Once the tests have been conducted and the results have been prepared, the next step is to analyse the results to see where the problem lies. Of course, there may be several possible causes of the unexplained weight gain in women that need to be addressed and this is where the whole situation becomes quite complicated.

The reason why it becomes complicated is because the treatment procedure is required to be done in a specific sequence. If this does not occur then the treatment is likely to be less effective and may even be completely ineffective!

Prepare a Treatment Procedure & Implement Plan
For example, if a person’s results indicate that they have parasites present in their gut (this may cause chronic inflammation which affects metabolism and weight loss), deficiencies in a range of minerals and adrenal dysfunction, then there is no point addressing the mineral deficiency or adrenal dysfunction until the gut is fixed.

The reason why is because unless the gut is fixed, the person won’t be able to absorb any of the nutrients that may be given in order to overcome the nutrient deficiency and adrenal dysfunction.

Re-assess
After several weeks of treatment it is necessary to re-assess the person’s progress. This may be done by conducting another Symptoms Checklist as well as re-testing. Of course, one of the best ways to analyse whether or not the treatment has been effective at helping the person address their unusual weight gain, is by simply seeing if they have lost weight. If so, then the treatment has been effective and if not, then further testing may be required.

As you can see, identifying and treating the causes of unexplained weight gain is a very complicated process and is best conducted by a practitioner who is knowledgeable and experienced in the area. Unfortunately, there are very few people who are trained in these areas.

Nevertheless, if you have experienced sudden weight gain and can’t identify the cause of it or you have tried many of the correct principles and still can’t lose weight, then it is worthwhile following the steps mentioned above.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Steve.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising links are not allowed in signatures.
stevo1

Return to Weight loss Talk