It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:42 pm

Free Newsletter

Fighting Fat Forever

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Fighting Fat Forever

Postby tawa » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:44 am

Hi people, i'm new here. i found an article "Fighting Fat Forever", that has good information. It explains why the body puts on weight. I also watched the video which also has good information about dieting..

What do you think?

[link removed]

Ive also got exercise questions, about this same article, but I'll ask that in the exercise section.
tawa

Re: Fighting Fat Forever

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:50 am

You signed up then proceeded to post this same link four times in unrelated threads around the forum.

What do I think?

I think it's spam.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby tawa » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:12 pm

sorry evilwombatqueen, I'm new on forums, so not sure how things actually work, hence why i posted it in unrelated threads around the forum. i just wanted feedback on this article, to me it sounds convincing, hence why i posted it 4 times because i wanted to know what other people say. you obviously haven't read the article and where quick to judge. i didn't know i was doing something wrong. I didn't want to cloud the thread with a whole bunch of information.

so instead I'll copy and paste the info, i hope i'm not breaking any copyright laws, evilwombatqueen would you be able to advise me on that?

[Text removed for copyright issues.]
tawa

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:40 am

I skimmed the article and it was interesting. I was more concerned by the links at the end of it which were definitely spam, and possibly malicious, as they went through to an ad tracker. It seemed very suspicious that the blog only contained one article and it was there to generate ad revenue, or send people to dodgy sites (and no, I didn't click through the ad links. I'm far too wary of malicious sites to do that.) Thank you for not replicating the links at the end of the article.

Many spammers join up only to post links to their site, either to sell a product or to drive up their search engine ranking. It's one of the reasons we're probably stricter with newbies than with people who have been posting here for some time. If some of your posts had not linked to this site I wouldn't have been so cautious.

To avoid plagiarism you need to cite the author and where you found it. That doesn't mean linking to it, it just means giving the author name, the date you read it online and the website. However, that does not keep you safe according to IP laws. Even if you cite the author you are infringing someone's copyright if you copy a substantial amount of their work. In this case I'm afraid that by copying all the text you are infringing copyright. The best way to avoid this problem is to summarise the article in your own words. It also means we don't have to read a huge essay before giving our opinion!

To avoid problems with copyright law I'm going to delete the text you posted, I hope you don't mind. I don't want to leave the forum open to legal problems.

If you are ever in doubt as to whether it's okay to link directly to a site you should advise readers to google the title. In this case if readers google 'Fighting Fat Forever' it will take them indirectly to the site in question. You see, someone else has joined various forums (taste.com.au, fat-forum.com and womens-health.com) in the last few days and has posted your exact same question with the same link. Oddly enough those sites have treated the posts as spam too, but some retain the link.

best regards,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby tawa » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:54 am

thank you for your reply...
so what do u think of the exercise technique?

5m warm up walk
sprinting for 1-5m
then walking for 15m
sprinting for 1-5m
then walking for 15m

according to that article,
the sprinting burns up the quick energy (not fat), then when walking it burns up fat,
the reason for sprinting is so when you walk you can burn up fat instead of the quick energy..
tawa

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:13 am

It sounds like a form of interval training to me. I've heard it's very good for weight loss, though I'm not sure if it's for the reasons stated in the article. Others here know more about exercise physiology than me so I'll leave it to them to provide an explanation for why interval training works. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Jisgone » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:42 am

*yawns at lame spammers*
Jisgone

Return to Weight loss Talk