We eat not only for nourishment but also as part of our social interactions. However, many people develop unhealthy habits that encourage overeating.
Here are a few examples of bad eating habits that you should try to avoid:
* Mixing food and entertainment.
* It's easy to mindlessly eat a tub of popcorn, a whole bag of chips, or a carton of ice cream while you're watching TV.
* Make eating a separate activity, and you'll consume less.
* Eating to relieve stress.
* There's nothing wrong with taking pleasure in eating, but try not to use food as your primary stress reliever.
* Find other ways to dissipate stress, such as exercising, listening to music, or meditating, rather than eating.
* Eating on the run.
* With the abundant availability of convenience foods, it's easy to grab something from a vending machine and eat your meals in your car. But try not to make this a regular habit.
* Plan your schedule to include enough time to prepare and eat your meals in a quiet place, without the rush.
No one eats perfectly. However, if you continuously have trouble controlling what you eat, realize that correction of your eating problems may be beyond your own abilities. Please consult a psychologist or weight loss professional for additional help.
I hope you get the help that you need.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen
on Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising link removed. Please read the forum rules.