It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:47 pm

Free Newsletter

Tips needed....

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Tips needed....

Postby Bec259 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:45 am

Does anyone have some tips for how to tone my flabby belly? Iwill try anything, it just seems to be the hardest area for me to get rid of :lol:
Bec259

Postby Hayley » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:53 am

Hi Bec,

Pilates works wonders for a flabby belly - shame I can't get off my bum and actually do it though! :lol: My DVDs are still packed in storage while we await our move up north and I just can't bring myself to buy some more DVDs while I'm waiting - a waste of money if I already have some, I think.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:37 am

Hi bec

i keep reading everywhere that situps arent going to get rid of that flab on their own lol. that doing other cadio etc will help. i am finding that the weight is cming off my belly last. but mum reckons that you can tell my waist is smaller -thats the most noticable. after having a bub it doesnt lok too good with the excess skin but ill keep going with my exercise and we will get there in the end!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:01 pm

I agree with Kate. The cardio gets rid of the fat but doing the sit ups, crunches or whatever are good because they strengthen the muscles. Also means you can suck it in better if you stomach muscles are stronger! :D

I actually have the same problem Bec and it is a little disheartening because I have lost all this weight yet I still have a big tummy. Ok it's a whole lot smaller than it once was but it's still there and it still pokes out. Have been wondering if I just have to get used to always having it.

If I find out anymore info or tips will let you know.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Mandie » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:50 pm

Cardio, cardio, cardio!

That, and toning.

As someone mentioned, Pilates is supposed to be great.

There's also this website :

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/WaistWt.html

Which seems to offer a great variety of exercises to chuck into your routine and see how you go!
Mandie

Postby Garfield » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:37 pm

I think a lot of women's natural shape involves a small belly. Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! :p I suppose you can only get rid of it with an absolute stack of exercise...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Return to Weight loss Talk