It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Weight loss suggestion - Acai Berry Extract

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Weight loss suggestion - Acai Berry Extract

Postby CronicBadger » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:20 pm

There are a lot of claims being bandied about by those selling the berry and its various extracts and by-products. None of those claims have ever been verified in a way that elevates it above a normal balanced and healthy diet.

The berry's antioxidant levels are lower than a number of cheaper common foods available from supermarkets and it will be many years before reliable scientific conclusions become available regarding the scale and quality of the berry's health benefits.

Nutrition and lifestyle professionals making spurious claims about the berry should be aware of how much those claims reveal about the real value they place on their customers' health as well as that of their own personal integrity.
CronicBadger

Postby misscallie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:19 pm

I've heard that acai berry itself is good- but it's involved in so many scams. DO NOT order it online from those ads that say 'free trial- just pay shipping'- I've heard that they just keep taking money from your credit card. If you do want to try acai berry, look for it in health shops. It might be more expensive, but there are really just so many acai berry scams online that it's not worth it.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not link to commercial sites as it violates forum rules.
misscallie

Postby hotmumma78 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:46 pm

sounds dodgy to me....
hotmumma78

Postby Jisgone » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:58 am

I work for a bank and get atleast a couple of calls a week from people who have ordered acai berries or (insert other miracle diet product here) online and have found their credit card being charged again and again and again. I would strongly recommend against it!
Jisgone

Postby brendan » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:40 am

I agree - if you are going to get the Acai capsules then get them from your local chemist. I have been taking them for about 5 weeks, but because I have modified by eating and exercise routines it is impossible for me to say whether they have had any effect. I've certainly lost a heap of weight in that time but I am not sure how much can be attributed to the capsules. When this bottle runs out I will probably not bother getting another. I've got better things to spend my money on. :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan