It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:13 pm

Free Newsletter

OMG! I hit 100!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

OMG! I hit 100!!!

Postby me11 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:38 pm

I decided last night that I am finally ready to do something about all the weight I stacked on in the last few months. I guess I was living in denial for some time but few pics I saw of myself really opened my eyes and it was a wake up call I needed, I guess. I wasn't sure how much I actually weight at the moment so I went and bought a scale today and I nearly had a heart attack when I brought it home and hopped on it. I am 100kg. 100!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. Last year I weighted myself at friends house (around this time of the year) and I was 80kg. So in 12 months I stacked on 20kg?! OMG! Honestly, I couldn't believe it. But I think I gained most of that weight in the last 4-5 months. What I can't understand is how could that happen when I haven't been eating differently and everything else has been the same in my life. The only change is my weight!!!!
Anyway, today is a new day and I am gonna do something about it. I even went out and bought myself an exercise bike today. Because I work odd hours I can never make it to the gym so I have decided I'll use exercise bike and my husband's weights and I WILL try very hard to stick with it. I stuck a "eye opening" photo on the fridge and I'm ready. :)

Wish me good luck, people.
28kg to go. I am not expecting miracle and my goal is to lose it all in 28 weeks. 1kg a week is realistic, right?
me11

Re: OMG! I hit 100!!!

Postby me11 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:40 pm

I have been looking at the scale today and I thought, I've been really good with food (eating very small portions every 3 hours) and I wonder how much I weigh now. :) I know I'm being silly as I have only started my diet yesterday. How often do you actually weigh yourself? I have no idea if I should do it every day, once a week.....?
me11

Postby jrhenorly » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:45 pm

I check about twice a week. Used to check everyday but it got frustrating at times when you see no difference.
Over a week or so you notice the difference overall and usually rewared for your efforts in sticking to a plan that works.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising link removed.
jrhenorly

Postby me11 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:56 pm

Twice a week sounds good. I'll wait till tomorrow then. I don't think I lost anything but who knows. :)
me11

Postby me11 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:10 pm

Ok, once again I walked past the scale tonight and this time I could't help myself. I had to see if there is any change and guess what? I lost a whole kg. In 3 days. WOW!!!! I did my happy dance and I am smiling from ear to ear. Woooooo hoooooo!!!! :lol:
me11

Postby me11 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:27 pm

I went to the gym this morning for my first session with personal trainer. WHat can I say? I have survived. LOL. I am dying from the pain but god it feels good. :) I really enjoyed it and now I can't wait for the next one on Wednesday but I will go and work out on my own on Monday and Tuesday.
I also had to write a list of immediate goals (this week) and I put down - "make it to the gym every day from Monday to Friday. Short term goal (2-3 weeks) - "to try at least 2 new classes" and Long term (2-3 months) - "to loose at least 6 kg. I think my goals are realistic. Now bring it on. :D
me11

Postby InnerStrength » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:38 am

Hi there! Noticed that you've been keeping updates on your weight loss. Just wanted to tell you that your story is really inspirational. Why it sure is a bummer that you're not at your ideal weight, you should go on knowing that everyone here is willing to support you (I know I will). You should be proud that you're pushing yourself in the right direction. Many people DO keep living in denial and by recognizing that you have a problem, you're looking at a wonderful and healthier life ahead of you.

Kudos and good luck on your journey! :)
InnerStrength

Postby me11 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:46 pm

Thank you for your kind words and support, InnerStrength. I know I have to work extra hard because of my thyroid problem but to hell with it. I'm gonna get there. I honestly don't care how long it takes me to reach my long term goal. I am not gonna put time limit on it. As many people say on this forum:"It's a lifestyle change." so I know that I will have to keep it up. I am lucky to have found this place though, and the gym I have joined last week is great. They offer free breakfast every morning so I don't have to think about that one meal a day and I found that if I start my day on a good note, the rest of the day just flows and it's not hard to keep up with it. I am losing weight and I feel soooooo good because I'm very happy with my progress so far. :)
me11

Return to Weight loss Talk