I'm on day 4 of this crazy cabbage soup diet. Just wondering if anyone else has done it before? I think I've lost a few kg's already as I am feeling skinny-ish. Day 3 was very hard today is not so bad cause I can eat bananas.
The 7 Days Cabbage Soup Diet Plan
Eat as much soup as you desire for seven days and you can lose 10 to 15 pounds. The recipe varies slightly, but includes a variety of low-calorie vegetables such as cabbage, onions, and tomatoes, flavored with bouillon, onion soup mix, and tomato juice. Each day of the seven-day program has specific foods that must be eaten, including potatoes, fruit juice, many vegetables, and on one day, beef.
Eat only fruit, all the fruit you want except banana.
Drink unsweetened tea, black coffee, cranberry juice, and water.
Eat as much soup as you like.
All you want - fresh, raw, or cooked vegetables of your choice. Stay away from dry beans, peas, and sweet corn. Reward yourself with a big baked potato with butter for dinner. Eat as much soup as you like but no fruit for today.
Combine days one and two, eat as much fruit, vegetables, and soup, as you like but no baked potato.
Eat as many as eight bananas and drink as many glasses of skim milk as you would like on this day, along with your soup. This day is supposed to lessen your desire for sweets.
You may have 10-20 ounces of beef (300-500g) and a large tin or up to six fresh tomatoes. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water this day to wash the uric acid from your body. Eat your soup at least once today. You may eat broiled or baked chicken (skinless) instead of beef. If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for the beef.
Eat beef and vegetables today. You can even have two or three steaks if you like, with fresh vegetables or salad. NO BAKED POTATO. Eat your soup at least once.
Eat all you want of brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices, and vegetables. Be sure to eat your soup at least once to day. No bread, alcohol, or carbonated beverages, not even diet soda.
Have questions to ask, successful stories to share...go to our discussion forum. We would love to see this diet work for you, help you lose weight easily, and give you a more positive self-image. Good luck. You can go to the recipe section now and learn how to prepare the soup.
Cabbage Soup Recipe
- 6 large green onions
- 2 green peppers
- 1 or 2 cans of tomatoes (diced or whole)
- 3 carrots
- 1 container (10 oz. or so) Mushrooms
- 1 bunch celery
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 1 package Lipton soup mix
- 1 or 2 cubes bouillon (optional)
- 1 48oz can V8 juice (optional)
Season to taste with salt, pepper, parsley, garlic powder, etc.
Note: You can modify the recipe any way you like. In order to lose weight you have to burn more calories then you consume. We highly recommend The Negative Calorie Diet™ book. This book is based on scientific research and more than 100 foods requiring your body to "BURN" more calories processing them through your digestive system than the actual calorie content of the food itself. This results in your body burning up the excessive stored fat! Learn how to eat healthy and lose weight regularly by choosing the right foods with The Negative Calorie Diet™ book
1. Slice green onions, put in pot and start to sauté with cooking spray.
2. Cut green pepper stem end off and cut in half, take seeds and membrane out. Cut the green pepper into bite size pieces and put in pot.
3. Take the outer leafs layers off the cabbage, cut into bite size pieces, put in pot.
4. Clean carrots cut into bite size pieces, put in pot.
5. Slice mushrooms into thick slices (otherwise they will disappear in the soup), put in pot.
6. If you would like a spicy soup, add a small amount of cayenne pepper (red pepper) now (1/3 teaspoon is quite a bit as the soup will get spicier as it cooks further).
7. You can use beef or chicken bouillon cubes for seasonings. They have all the salt and flavors you will need.
8. Use about 12 cups of water (or 8 cups and the V8 juice), cover and put heat on low. Let soup cook for a long time (two hours works well).
9. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
10. Eat all the soup you want, whenever you want for the next 7 days.
More Cabbage Soup Recipe Here