We all have more than likely heard all of these tips before, but it doesnt hurt hearing them again... (I got them from another website - shhhhhh)
1. Aim to lose weight slowly â€” lose more than a kilo a week and youâ€™re probably losing water and muscle, not fat.
2. Set achievable goals â€” if youâ€™ve got a lot to lose set smaller goals along the way, such as seeing a reduction in your blood pressure, or buying just one new item of clothing when youâ€™re partway to your goal weight.
3. Try just living a healthier lifestyle (for example, eating lots of fruit and vegetables and taking regular exercise), rather than punishing yourself with a strict diet.
4. Donâ€™t aim for unachievable body-shape goals. Pear-shaped people who lose weight usually become smaller pears. A supermodelâ€™s body lurks inside very, very, very few people, no matter how much weight they lose.
5. Focus on where you can cut the fat in your diet â€” do you spread too much on your bread; eat lots of fried snacks; not cut the fat off your meat? Small changes are easier to stick to.
6. Fill up on fruit, veges, cereals and bread â€” just donâ€™t add fatty toppings or spreads.
7. Try to listen to your body â€” are you really hungry or just bored or sad? Maybe you can do something enjoyable other than eat â€” or just get active round the house or garden to take your mind off it.
8. Donâ€™t talk yourself into a â€˜healthy food tastes boringâ€™ frame of mind. Experiment with healthy choices to find out what you like.
9. Exercise is the most important thing you can do â€” find time for yourself each day to be more active.
10. Donâ€™t be taken in by fast-talking sales pitches, secret ingredients or wonder foods. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.