It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Free Newsletter

10 Diet Tips

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

10 Diet Tips

Postby emma21 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:20 pm

We all have more than likely heard all of these tips before, but it doesnt hurt hearing them again... (I got them from another website - shhhhhh)

1. Aim to lose weight slowly — lose more than a kilo a week and you’re probably losing water and muscle, not fat.

2. Set achievable goals — if you’ve got a lot to lose set smaller goals along the way, such as seeing a reduction in your blood pressure, or buying just one new item of clothing when you’re partway to your goal weight.

3. Try just living a healthier lifestyle (for example, eating lots of fruit and vegetables and taking regular exercise), rather than punishing yourself with a strict diet.

4. Don’t aim for unachievable body-shape goals. Pear-shaped people who lose weight usually become smaller pears. A supermodel’s body lurks inside very, very, very few people, no matter how much weight they lose.

5. Focus on where you can cut the fat in your diet — do you spread too much on your bread; eat lots of fried snacks; not cut the fat off your meat? Small changes are easier to stick to.

6. Fill up on fruit, veges, cereals and bread — just don’t add fatty toppings or spreads.

7. Try to listen to your body — are you really hungry or just bored or sad? Maybe you can do something enjoyable other than eat — or just get active round the house or garden to take your mind off it.

8. Don’t talk yourself into a ‘healthy food tastes boring’ frame of mind. Experiment with healthy choices to find out what you like.

9. Exercise is the most important thing you can do — find time for yourself each day to be more active.

10. Don’t be taken in by fast-talking sales pitches, secret ingredients or wonder foods. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Emma :)
emma21

Postby Dolly » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:04 pm

Thanks for the great pointers Emma. I'm working on point number 9. I've just got myself a talking pedometer (nah it doesn't argue with me) It just says out loud how many steps I've taken when I push the button and a few other bits like the time and music etc.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:00 am

Great points to think about and I am also working on number 9 :)
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Return to Weight loss Talk