It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:57 pm

Free Newsletter

I ate a cup of DEEP FRIED CHIPS... oh Noooooo

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I ate a cup of DEEP FRIED CHIPS... oh Noooooo

Postby BlueRaven » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 pm

This is the fifth day of my celebrity slim shake diet which was going well.... I ate my beef stirfry dinner which was a 1220kj serve and then half and hour later my mum had cooked a batch of chips in the DEEP FRYARGGH and I couldn't resist :cry: i downed so many, one after the other! nom nom nom I think i ate about a cup full! I felt so bad :oops: I went outside and did a 10km ride on my exercise bike and it said I burnt 230 calories.

Has anyone got any tips for living in a house with non dieters who leave hot chips laying on the counter? :?: (my mum won't change her ways because it is 'her house') and there was also a 4 pack of GLAZED :twisted: Donuts on the kitchen counter at lunch time but I managed to avoid those evil buggers even though this pink donut seemed to be looking straight at me :shock: and I just had my Choc Orange shake for lunch.

I need some tips to deal with temptations please...

SW: 84.5kg
CW: 81.5kg
GW: 60kg
BlueRaven

Re: I ate a cup of DEEP FRIED CHIPS... oh Noooooo

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 pm

It sounds like my place, what with the hot chips and glazed donuts left lying around on the kitchen benches. Besides the donuts, someone will regularly leave a spare hot pie or sausage roll there, or even a box of uneaten pizza in the fridge (Mmmm, cold pizza) :-P

YMMMV, but what I do is generate a short-term but intense dislike of whatever food is tempting me. Almost to the point of anthropomorphising the item as a sneaky, poisonous little bugger really to fill my veins with fat, overload my blood with sugars and cause me no end of preventable health problems later in life.

If that doesn't work, I apply some sort of logical argument to talk myself out of it. For example, there's an economic term, "sunk cost", that sort of means that an item may have been purchased but if it no longer serves a purpose then it is actually worthless and should be written off. So I write-off the food.

There's also that wonderful feeling that comes later when you realise you resisted temptation by ignoring the donuts or whatever. And each time that happens it becomes easier.
CronicBadger

Re: I ate a cup of DEEP FRIED CHIPS... oh Noooooo

Postby BlueRaven » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:04 pm

Thankyou for your advice CronicBadger I read it earlier on in the day and am happy to say that I avoided all the temptations that were lying around today; cheese Shapes, chocolate snowballs and today the donuts were Chocolate, damn those evil donuts. I stuck to my diet except for a slice of roast beef that I shouldn't have had :mrgreen:

SW: 84.5kg
CW: 81.5kg
GW: 60kg
BlueRaven

Return to Weight loss Talk