It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:56 pm

Free Newsletter

Post for Perth residents

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Post for Perth residents

Postby tigerlilly » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:36 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to this board, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience (good or bad) with Hobart Street Medical Climic and Dr. Hendrik Rensburg. I'm just wondering what their program actually consists of, as the website makes a brief mention of the doctor determining on a case by case basis what, if any, medications are appropriate for you. but it also talks about ongoing treatment, and follow ups. It sounds like a lifestyle re-progam, but with the addtion of meds.

I haven't much on the internet about it, in the way of personal experiences and/or testiminials, although supposedly they've been in the weight and lifestyle improvement business for a while now.

any information would be helpful.

Cheers!
:D
tigerlilly

Re: Post for Perth residents

Postby dragonfly » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:35 pm

no sorry ahvent had any expereince with, but hopefully someone can help, i'd be interested to hear too. (am a w.a girl)
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby tigerlilly » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:26 am

Thanks dragonfly.

I've been scouring the net again, and I've come across a few things that make me think this might be similar to Cohen's Plan, where they formulate a plan specific to you based on blood tests. The blood tests are repeated on a regular basis, and your plan is thus tweaked and evolved as you progress.

Extremely good results from what I gather, but also extremely expensive. I wonder if Medibank Private would cover it? Naturally I would assume it would, considering all the latest about obesity and how it's killing everyone and wrecking the entire healthcare system, not to mention is the reason for global warming and pretty much any other unsavory situation. I mean, you know, because being fat is probably the very worst thing to be ever! (yeah, that's sarcasm, right there) Not sure I agree with all the supposed evidence that so called studies are reporting, but would lie and say I did if it meant private health coverage would cover part of it! lol

I will keep looking for info, and in the meantime would appreciate information from others!

Cheers!
tigerlilly

Postby dragonfly » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:07 pm

good point, I'm with HBF, will have to ask about it.
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Return to Weight loss Talk