It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:46 pm

Free Newsletter

Who has been on Duromine?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Who has been on Duromine?

Postby ingridemily » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:06 am

So I have started a (yet another) diet....

This one involving healthy eating, consisting of loads of vegies and minimal carbs with the assistance of Duromine.
I have my fingers crossed that I am one of the lucky ones who may be able to go through the course of Duromine without too many issues. I am on day 2 and slept normally last night, havent had any symtpoms other than a slight dry mouth and I felt a little strange yesterday but put that down to being paranoid. Today I feel as if I never took any thing.

What my question is..... Is was there many people out there who didn't have their appetites suppressed all that much?
Yesterday all I had was a Banana and a decaf coffee for breakfast, a small salad for lunch, a pear at 3pm but at dinner was able to eat just about a whole plate of vegies and chicken. I am concerned. Should I have been able to eat quite a decent sized meal on Duromine in the first week when I supposably should be feeling my LEAST hungry?
I woke up this morning (second day) absolutely STARVING. I took my tablet at 6am and by 7am I could feel it going away.. I ate two rye cruskets with vegemite and got to work and had a decaf coffee and a green tea. I have already had 1.5 litres of water. It's now 10am and I am starting to feel "hungry" again.

I have to admit, that I ate FAR less than usual yesterday without feeling sick or unsatisfied.
But today, I seem to have that hungry sensation and I am already on 30 mg, I would prefer not to go up a dose if I can avoid it.

Can any one tell me about their hunger sensations on Duro? I hear alot about symptoms ect but rarely about how people felt as far as hunger goes.. other than "I had next to no appetite". What does that mean exactly?

Re: Who has been on Duromine?

Postby katt_bella75 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:25 am

I'm sorry that I can't help you with your question but maybe you could help me with mine. What is Duromine? Do doctors give it to you and if not how do you get it? What does it do and is it safe to use if you're 14??

Postby ingridemily » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:16 pm

It's a prescribed drug, only a doctor can give it to you. It states on the information that 12 and over can use it, but considering your age, your circumstances may need to be reasonably severe for a doctor to give it to you. At 14, weight should be easy enough to loose without the assistance of medication.

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:37 am

Hi Ingridemily,

There's a huge thread on Duromine here. It might be worth posting your question there to see if anyone else has had a similar experience. Best of luck with the Duromine. I hope it works out well for you!

Postby countrymum83 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:51 pm

Hey im currently on day 5 off using duromine, and ive currently lost 4kg... it has suppressed a little but, but when i do eat i fill up pretty quick and feel like ive had heaps, but i havnt, so thats a bonus... i do alot of exercise and have only been having 2 small meals a day... mainly brekky (fruit and yoghurt) and just a proper meal for tea (but only a small amount)
The only side affects i have is the trouble sleep (is getting better now tho) dry mouth, and when the tablet wears off i feel little aggitated but other then that, have been pretty lucky.. and is working great

Postby amaranta » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:19 am

Today is day 2 of my duromine journey. So far a bit of headache today but that's all. I have been eating little, not exercising much but very active (my house is sparkling!!). I've been drinking lots and lots of waater which I never did before. I decided to only weight in every friday otherwise I will go crazy. I'll keep you posted!
Looking forward to reading your posts!

Return to Weight loss Talk