It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:05 pm

Free Newsletter

REDUCTIL for weight loss!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

REDUCTIL for weight loss!

Postby 33julyhot33 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:23 am

i have been taking reductil for 4 weeks now and lost 1 stone and am feeling a lot more confident and happy in myself......however.......i went to re order the tablets online from where i purchased them b4 as i have ran out only to be told that they are no longer available in the Eu. I am very unhappy about this and have tried lots of uk websites to try and buy them but are having no luck.

therefore please if anyone can help or advise on where i can get any reductil from i would be greatly appreciated..

Re: REDUCTIL for weight loss!

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:43 pm

Asking for a substance which is no longer easily available in a number of countries, and is rarely even prescribed by a doctor here in Australia due to serious and even fatal side effects is not a good idea. There is a very good reason that Reductil is becoming increasingly difficult to obtain.

Postby SoupStar » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:54 am

I heard on the news tonight that it's been banned and no longer for sale as of today!! I was so annoyed because I got a prescription last week and hadn't filled it yet! Bugger bugger bugger.....I have two friends who have lost over 50kg on Reductil. It is however very very expensive...almost 100 bux for a months worth...maybe a blessing in disguise I guess!!......BUGGER

Postby PreciousCargo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:52 pm

I just bought 2 packs and now I'm not sure what to do with them.
I had a call from my doctor's assistant today saying not to take anymore and to book in to see the doctor.

I'm going to make an appointment and discuss the option of finishing the course that I have purchased.
Otherwise I have wasted my money.

Oh and Reductil is no longer being made or prescribed as the risks of heart attacks and stroke outweigh the benefits.

Postby miss_viva » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:37 pm

I don't use reductil, but I saw a story on the news about the recall. I'm fairly sure that they were offering to refund recent purchases. It's worth looking into :)

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:52 am

If there's a recall they will almost certainly give your money back.

Let's just think about this for a minute... why are we trying to lose weight? Health and maybe some beauty benefits right? So, taking a substance that has significant health risks to the point the manufacturer has to recall the product doesn't fall into my definition of healthy, and being dead and/or possibly paralyzed with heaven knows what brain damage (due to stroke) isn't going to increase your attractiveness.

Forest. Trees.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Weight loss Talk