It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:02 am

Free Newsletter

Realistic Affirmations

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Realistic Affirmations

Postby kotobird » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:14 pm

Hi there,

I just wanted to share some things I just wrote down, which are helping me get in the right mindset to maintain my diet and exercise. I'm sure you've all heard about affirmations and how they can help you with challenges in life - but sometimes people suggest ones that we just can't believe, and as a result, they aren't helpful, and can even make us feel worse because they aren't true. Things like "I am at my ideal weight." Pffft! No I'm not! So, I've come up with some that are relevant to my own situation, and they feel good to say, I feel like they will help me keep going...

"Temptation is not a part of me, it is just programming. I can override this programming, and re-program myself. There will be resistance, and I expect that. I will override my temptation programming anyway."

"I can observe the discomfort of temptation as seperate from me. I remind myself that it's all going well and why it's important to keep going."

"My automatic desires for food can be calmed and re-directed. I can deal with them at any time they arise with logic and confidence."

"Food does not make me truly happy or solve any problems. It is simply to fuel my body. This is why I am making good, healthy food choices."

"My body wants to be active and strong so it can work at it's best. My mind is helping my body acieve this."

"I have power over my mind. Everything I do is a choice, and I determine those choices. I am making new choices about my lifestyle that guarantee long-term satisfaction and success for my health."

Again, these are relevant for me. I encourage people to make up their own - the important thing is that they ring true for you, and make you feel positive and enthused about your weight loss. If anyone wants to use these, or edit them a little for yourself, feel free!

Hope this helps someone out there :)

SW: 83.1
MG 1: 78kg ACHIEVED!
MG 2: 75kg
MG 3: 72.5kg
MG 4: 70kg
Final Goal: 67kg

Return to Weight loss Talk