It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:41 am

Free Newsletter

HLPC Bars / Protein Bars

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

HLPC Bars / Protein Bars

Postby Joelme » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:26 am

Hi,
A friend recommended trying a protein bar for breakfast - HLPC (100g) which has about 45g of protein and 375 calories (a lot higher than my usual breakfast) but only about 7g carbohydrates. Apparently these are good as they promote fat loss and not muscle loss when dieting.

I found that I could only eat 2 thirds but no sooner had I wrapped the bar up and put it back in the fridge I felt really motivated to exercise and I did for the next hour or so and then ate the last third of the bar.
I also found I was not hungry for the rest of the day and consequently did not have lunch because I felt so full. I hate the first piece of the bar at 9am and the last bit at about 10.30 and couldn't eat again until about 7pm.

Has anyone tried these or can offer any thoughts?
Joelme

Re: HLPC Bars / Protein Bars

Postby Gordz » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:18 am

protein doesnt do that. you just had a good day. protein is not good for weight loss.
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Re: HLPC Bars / Protein Bars

Postby Awaha » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:20 pm

From what I read about protein supplements. If you are training hard and are finding it difficult to eat the additional cal and protein in to your normal 6meals during the day, then it might be useful...
However, if you are at your daily cal to maintain already, and you don't work them off, then it is still additional cal to become fat. And I'm not sure if it's a good idea to skip meals by eating the bars. I know the shake I had before would keep me full, but I will still eat my lunch.

Also, careful you don't eat too much protein as it could possible lead to kidney issues. I guess moderations is the key here.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFgBXFf/

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. ~Lance Armstrong
Awaha

Return to Weight loss Talk