It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:15 pm

Free Newsletter

Circuit training

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Circuit training

Postby Bennyboy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:37 pm

Hey guys,

I've recently started at a boxing circuit training center to loose some weight. Just a few questions, Will this be great to loose weight or will you gain more muscle and not loose weight as fast??

I weight 115kg now, 21 years old and would love to get below 100.

Also as an apprentice I can't afford a lot of top notch food so I was wondering if someone could point me in the right way into eating right.
And breakfast is a big + yeah?? I've heard of alot of different things to eat for breakfast but when I ask someone in person They tell me to eat something else.. I'm totally lost of this area.

Thanks for reading guys and thankyou for posting your weight loss stories.
120k 21 year old. I'm going to do it
Bennyboy

Re: Circuit training

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:52 pm

Bennyboy wrote:I've recently started at a boxing circuit training center to loose some weight. Just a few questions, Will this be great to loose weight or will you gain more muscle and not loose weight as fast??

I do a boxing exercise session on Saturdays... it's great cardio as well as resistance training so all round pretty good. By the way, muscle tone from resistance training DOES help fat loss by virtue of its effect on basal metabolism (basically the more muscle mass, the more energy you burn just doing nothing).

Bennyboy wrote:Also as an apprentice I can't afford a lot of top notch food so I was wondering if someone could point me in the right way into eating right.
And breakfast is a big + yeah?? I've heard of alot of different things to eat for breakfast but when I ask someone in person They tell me to eat something else.. I'm totally lost of this area.

Although all the research seems to say eating healthily is more expensive, I just can't agree. If you go by the principle of getting the raw primary ingredients rather than pre-packaged foods (which are more expensive because you're paying for someone to cook/prepare them and then GST) I PERSONALLY find things are cheaper. I don't eat a lot of meat though, but then you can't really call junk food mean "meat". I'm kind of suspicious about where that stuff comes from.... I generally spend about $150-200 to feed myself, my husband and my dog for a week (depending on various things). It's also cheaper if you plan your meals and write a list

As far as breakfast - yep, it's an important meal alright. The earlier you have breakfast, the earlier your metabolism wakes up after it's 8 hour fast while you slept. The earlier it wakes up, the more time it has to burn slightly more energy, which means you start becoming the incredible shrinking person. As for WHAT to eat, well yeah, everyone will have their own opinion. Depends on what philosophy you follow. Generally I'd follow the rules you're applying to your other meals, though given it's the start of the day and is supposed to give you energy I'd lean toward a complex carbohydrate that will give you slow release energy for the day ahead -maybe something like oats, or a no added sugar muesli, or some wholegrain toast.... really it's up to you, everyone works slightly differently, just give it a go and see what works for you.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Re: Circuit training

Postby Bennyboy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:29 pm

Thankyou so so SO! much for your response.

Answered a lot for me and will be taking a lot in.

Can't wait for next week when I can afford some running shoes to go walking in, My Work boots don't quite work to well atm to make it comfortable.
120k 21 year old. I'm going to do it
Bennyboy

Return to Weight loss Talk