It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:55 am

Free Newsletter

feedback on my net calories please??

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

feedback on my net calories please??

Postby kotobird » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi there,

I just got on the scales today and I haven't lost anything in a week - and I know that this can be due to various fluctuations cancelling themselves out, but I just wanted to get people's opinions on whether my calories in/out ratio is ok? I'm starting to wonder if my body is resisting losing fat cos it thinks I'm not eating enough...

On an average day, I consume about 1400 calories. Sometimes goes up to 1500-1600, sometimes down to 1200-1300. I'm going to the gym about 5 times a week, with a range of classes including Step, Pump, Zumba and Pilates. I may also cycle for transport an hour one day a week. This means my net calories on most days is between 1000-1200. Some days it has fallen a little below 1000. I know they say don't consume less than 1200 a day, but does this mean net calories, after exercise, or total consumed before exercise?

What do y'all think??

SW: 83.1
MG 1: 78kg ACHIEVED!
MG 2: 75kg
MG 3: 72.5kg
MG 4: 70kg
Final Goal: 67kg
kotobird

Re: feedback on my net calories please??

Postby Awaha » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:45 pm

I believe its about net calory.
The general gizz of all the readings I have done so far is that you should be looking at 300-500 calorie deficit per day from your BMR (around 0.5kg per week at 3500calorie) you can go on a higher deficit, but seems like 1000calorie seems like the absolute max, and may run into loosing both fat and muscle, resulting in what they call skinny fat...

For me, I have worked out my BMR is approx 2700-3000calorie per day, and since I have been on my diet of 1500calorie, and daily classes averging between 750-1000calorie burn each day, I had lost a bit of weight at the beginining (about 3kg of water weight) then sort of slow down alot after that. What I have also found is my legs are getting tired easier than before... (maybe over training?) but I would say its just not enough calorie for me to have the energy

Last week I have bump my calorie up to 2100calorie but using Protein powder and milk for breakfast and before bed (slow release)... I also added in some weight training to keep me from loosing too much muscle from the weight loss... so far this week I had a 2kg lost?!? (looking at my log, I was 110.6kg on the 20/10, and is now 108.4kg today)... so I guess its working :)

but most importantly... drink lots of water... it helps :)
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFgBXFf/

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. ~Lance Armstrong
Awaha

Re: feedback on my net calories please??

Postby kotobird » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:01 pm

thanks awaha, good feedback ! :D

SW: 83.1
MG 1: 78kg ACHIEVED!
MG 2: 75kg
MG 3: 72.5kg
MG 4: 70kg
Final Goal: 67kg
kotobird

Return to Weight loss Talk