It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:05 pm

Free Newsletter

THE HARD PART

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

THE HARD PART

Postby chocsuz » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:56 pm

The thing I find hard is that I am a mother to an active 3 year old. With a hubby that works long hours, I find it hard to think of me, when I have to look after him for so long. He doesn't sleep during the day, so this makes it harder. I have tried walking, but we live in a really hilly area, and he simply wont walk for the length that I want.

With this in mind, I have decided to take up kickboxing one night a week. Hubby has promised to take of work early that night, and I can go and do this once a week, till I figure out if I like it or not. I would also like to get into some swimming.

The swimming bit is hard to though as I suffer from excema. Does anyone know of any creams I can use to try keep this at bay as I love to swim.

Anyway this is really just a rant. If anyone has any ideas about how to incorporate my existing life with my hopeful new life. Please let me know.

Thanks for listening.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Weight Loss to all,
Yvette
chocsuz

Postby Fairie » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:17 pm

Hi Yvette,

I think a lot of us are guilty of putting others before ourselves and I for one feel that to be able to loose weight we have to do just that.

I have a grandaughter who suffers so badly from excema and I pray she will be one of the lucky few that will out grow it in her teens. It is so heart renching to see her (she is only 6) scratch herself red raw that she has gouges in her arms and legs. I do have a Balm I make up for her using Essential oils that does help, I only wish her mother would continue with it when I send her home. :? :x

Have you tried, Aloe Vera or Wheatgerm Oil or Evening Primrose? Are you swimming in a pool or the beach because the sea water is really good for excema, it seems to benifit my grandaughter a lot.

Hope you work out what is good for you and all the best with the excema.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Livy » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:20 pm

Hi Yvette, dont' worry, I know just how you feel! I am a mum of 2 girls, and I have to walk when one is at school, she is 6 and just whinges the whole way! She used to ride her bike, but still really struggled. Have you thought about a pram or stroller?
As for the excma, have you tried emu oil? I have a friend who had it quite bad, and she said that has nearly cured it, also, she makes up her own cream if you are interested.
I have been with this forum for sometime, watching others reach their goal weight, while I am still trying to get down the few kilos I did when I joined this site! (I need to lose 30kgs!!).
Everything you do helps... I did Tae Bo and loved it, but soon grew tired of it. If I lived in a suburban area, I would LOVE to join a gym, dont' they have daycare facilities you could put your little boy in while you worked out??
Livy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:36 pm

Hi yvette

i have also heard that emu oil works and swimming at the beach. i have a 10 month old who doesnt stop from am to pm. we say that she bounces off the walls! sometimes she wont sleep during the day which can be hard, have you tried to get your son to have 'quiet time'? where he lays on his bed and 'reads' books or listens to a story cassette/cd. he is still young enought hat he needs that rest during the day and so do you. even if heidi wont sleep i make sure she is in her cot for a little while so she can rest.

depending on what time hubby gets home from work you can go for a brisk walk for 45 minutes and that way he is at home whilst your son is asleep. sometimes thats the only way i can get a walk in.

best wishes and keep your chin up mate.
kate_turner2000

Postby yummymummy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:11 am

When you have children its so hard to fit in 'me' time, I totally hear your frustration, my kiddos are 10, 6 and 3 I try and exercise when the older 2 are at school and I usually set my 3 yr old up in his pram with a lunch box full of food and a few toys that I can hand him as we walk- It isnt easy because he would much rather get out the pram but between the food and bribery that we are walking to the park we usually do OK. For your skin have you tried taking oil such as cold pressed flaxseed oil or something similar to help heal you skin or mabye look at what agrevates it mabye wheet or dairy my friend gave up wheet and dairy and starting taking flaxseed capsules and her skin cleared up well!
Goodluck
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Hayley » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:19 am

Hi Yvette,

I too have a 3 year old son who is very very active. I get so tired looking after him all day while my hubby works, but he does go down for an arvo nap at 1pm, for about 2 hours, which is nice. That's when I have my 'me time'.

When we go walking, I let him walk for the first 5-10 mins, until his little legs are tired and he then goes in his 'jogger' (and I don't jog, I just walk briskly :lol: ). He loves taking a book in his pram while we walk. I can then manage to walk for at least an hour without him whinging. On the way back, we stop off at the park or oval and he has a run around and kicks the ball, before we head back home.

Another thing I was considering is buying one of those 3 wheel bikes, that also have a long handle on the back, which enable the parent to push the bike if and when the child gets tired. I thought this would be a fun alternative for him instead of going in the jogger all the time.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:25 am

hi there yvette i too have an energetic nearly 3 yr old . I found that walking didnt help as he screamed in the pram and wanted to walk . I bought my self some of those elastic band thingy's weight resistance bands i think they are . These are great as u can do some weight exercises while u put the wiggles videos on . I also take my son out the back yard on days where it is not cold and while he plays i walk around the yard and on occasions jump on my daughter bike and do a few laps .
Hope this helps
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby chocsuz » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:31 pm

Thank you so much girls for your encouragement. Whilst I am still new at this I am hoping to succeed. My hubby and I have sat down and discussed my issues and have decided that on certain days he will leave for work earlier and get home earlier, for me to have some exercise (ME) time. He will alternate on the other nights and do his exercise time then. I am starting water aerobics tonight, to which I am looking forward to. I hope to also start Kickboxing on Wednesday night, so fingers crossed.

Thank you for the eczema advice. I take all the oils, except emu, to which I will look into. Any recipes for creams is welcome too. I have allergies, but my main one is environment, so therefore nothing I can really do. Anyway must go, off to my first workout.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Weight Loss to all,
Yvette
chocsuz

Postby Ally » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:44 pm

That is great that you are able to sit and talk over your issues with your husband Yvette and what a lovely fellow to be willing to do that for you!! Enjoy your (ME) water aerobics tonight!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Weight loss Talk