It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:57 pm

Free Newsletter

I need a Weight Loss Buddy!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I need a Weight Loss Buddy!!

Postby Carly :) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:22 pm

Hello
I am looking for someone I can confide in about my weight loss efforts,
someone to offer advice and someone i can talk to about the food i have eaten week to week
and my exercise.
:) hopefully someone is looking for a support person like i am.
I am tired of feeling alone with it and want someone to talk to x
Carly :)

Re: I need a Weight Loss Buddy!!

Postby e&me » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:47 am

Hi Carly, your not alone with this! We all have weight to lose, some more then others but at the end of the day we are all here for the same reasons and are all here to support and be supported.
1/01/2011 Start week
8/01/2011 Week 1
15/01/2011 Week 2
22/01/2011 Week 3
29/01/2011 Week 4
5/02/2011 Week 5
12/02/2011 Week 6
19/02/2011 Week 7
26/02/2011 Week 8
5/03/2011 Week 9
12/03/2011 Week 10
19/03/2011 Week 11
26/03/2011 Week 12
e&me

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:40 pm

That's what this forum is for Carly! I'd suggest striking up conversations with a few members that you think might have similar goals or outlooks or who you just get a good 'vibe' from (have a look through some personal progress threads... like you did with mine).

Just posting up here often helps with cravings or questions or motivation etc.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby dragonfly » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:39 pm

hi carly!
I have found a buddy here, and we have same kinda goals in mind which in turn enables us to help eachother out.
perhaps put in your signature how much you'd like to loose, and even tell us a few more things about yourself.
there are many people on this forum, who like you want buddies and are looking for someone to chat to.
have you got children? are you married? how much would you like to loose? what program are you going to follow?
goodluck, and PM me if you want to talk as well ok?
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby Carly :) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Thank you Dragonfly :)

I am 23, have not had any children yet but am planning to have a baby next year with my husband.
I have been married for a year now and feel like i need to have a make over. I dont feel sexy any more and i
feel like my job, as i work in a bakery store making deserts and sweets, makes me vulnerable to eating more.
I tend to walk around a lot though while at work and always use stairs when possible. I always hide in bigger clothes
and am unhappy with my shape.
I even paid $80 a fortnight for a personal trainer and he told me my shoulders
are very large and my genetic build is wide which made me feel bad about myself and quit lessons with him,
I think if i lose weight i will also have to change my mindset and se that i am the way i am.

I have always been on the heavy side as a child and all of my family is quite large,
and really want to be slim for summer which is coming up and be healthy for the rest of my life.
I have very pale skin and frecals and cellulite and stretch marks and a little pot belly and BIG love handles :(
Not cool. I just want to be happy in my own skin. I bought a black dress i hope to be able to fit into.

My partner is very supportive but has agreed i would be more comfortable if i lose 10kgs.
I hope that i will have this forum as a support group x

Postby Awaha » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:59 pm

As mentioned before, we all come from different walk of life... but all of us have the same goal... which is to get healthy... with loosing weight as an added benefit :)

Dont get too tied up with the numbers on the scale... let the mirror do the talking... take a few before pictures to motivate you, and have something to compare to from month to month...

Sounds like you have a caring husband... maybe try to get him to join you to get healthy? I found that with my girlfriend going to the gym and eating the same food to be both fun and mutually supportive...

Good luck :)
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFgBXFf/

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. ~Lance Armstrong
Awaha

Postby Carly :) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:28 pm

I just wrote a really long reply and it didnt post properly! Argh i hate it when that happens.
My partner is fit and slim and has never had a weight problem, he would beat me in any challenge at the
moment!! but yes he is very supportive. He eats roughly the same as me but i feel a lot larger than what he is,

and you are right, its not the number on the scale, its the way i feel and the energy i have :)
i want to be heal;thy most of all and be able to have gorgeous healthy children one day,
:) can i ask about you? what are your challenges and the temptation you have?
also, is black coffee with two sugars bad ?

Postby sandradee » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:29 am

Carly :) wrote:Hello
I am looking for someone I can confide in about my weight loss efforts,
someone to offer advice and someone i can talk to about the food i have eaten week to week
and my exercise.
:) hopefully someone is looking for a support person like i am.
I am tired of feeling alone with it and want someone to talk to x

Please feel free to PM me and I will give you my email :D
sandradee

Postby Awaha » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:36 pm

Carly :) wrote:can i ask about you? what are your challenges and the temptation you have?
also, is black coffee with two sugars bad ?

Challenges I faced everyday is to know what I can/cant eat at the spur of the moment... I dont like to plan my meal in advance, but I have to learn... currently going through Light n Easy to "retrain" my brain to eat what is considered as normal portion... and also need to learn to say no... "No, I dont like to have XXXXX", "No thanks, I full" are few of the words I am learning to say now... :lol: and having to learn how much calories what food has... after reading how much calories are in some food... I swear I wont dare to touch them without serious considerations

I was a heavy coffee drinker before... about 5-6 big mug of coffee (more like a soup cup size) and each I would add 1 table spoon of sugar.... bad for me, and bad for my sleep... I've gone cold turkey during worktime by buying greentea leafs from my chinese grocer... and have warm green tea instead... cutting out the sugars can save you alot of calories...

Drink lots and lots of water... as this can help reduce fluid retention too... (meaning weight loss too :lol: )
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFgBXFf/

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. ~Lance Armstrong
Awaha

Return to Weight loss Talk