It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate28 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:11 pm

Thinking about joining and working out there on the days I don't have work (3-4 days a week), unless I feel like it on those days :p
Before contacting them about the prices and such I just wanted to know from anyone who goes to Curves or has tried them what they're like, price wise, gym wise, etc.

SW: 103.6 kg (started 8/11/10)
G1: 98 kg (achieved 13/12/10)
G2: 93.6 kg
GW: 75 kg (will reassess once I reach it)

Re: Curves

Postby Never looking back » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:48 am

Hi Kate28,

I tried curves about 3 years ago.... I didnt feel like i was getting a good enough work. You know that feeling after a gym session, you feel tired, sweaty, but energetic at the same time, you feel good. After curves i never felt that. And as a young person, i felt like i could push my self did not give me that opportunity.
The staff i must say were great though....

Its a 30 min circuit work out, the only cardio involved in a little jog inbetween the weights.... just not enough to shed the kgs...

Hope that helps

Never looking back

Postby FatTactic » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:15 am

Hi Kate
I go to curves and I love it and like 'never looking back' mentioned I think curves works for someone older. If I was younger it would bore me simply because I had more energy then and could push myself further. Today at 51 I'm into minimum effort for maximum results, so less food and less exercise as long as I do both regularly LOL. Also I am very big on understanding our triggers because motivation often is inspired with the right trigger. Curves has an excellent one for a time poor person, the routine is done in 30 minutes. I can be there and back from mine in less than an hour, anything that takes over an hour does my head in and I wont go.
Go try it out, Curves has worked extremely well for me along with Lite and Easy and always working on the mindset.
Warm Regards

Postby Never looking back » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:10 am

Hi Anne,

Just curious, how are you going with lite n easy.

I have been doing it for 4 weeks and lost 4.4kgs.
I didnt order this week as im going away on holidays, but i feel i have learnt the right lessons, of a balanced diet. which i will be continuing on my own until i fly off.

Would love to hear your progress.

Never looking back

Return to Weight loss Talk