It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:59 pm

Free Newsletter

I'm so depressed

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm so depressed

Postby misskittykezza » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:26 pm

I have gained about 30kgs this year, I gave up smoking and it's like cellulite and fat sneak into my room at night and attach themselves to my body. I don't want to start smoking again-YUK- I am a horrible reformed smoker. I have no support at home, and I am obsessed with thinking about how to lose weight but I CANNOT get motivated to start anything, a couple of years back I did the whole PT sessions walking twice a day and going to gym minimum 5 days a week, I was fanatical about sticking to the diet that the PT gave me- I lost a whole 8kgs in 8 months and didnt change shape or get toned at all and totally gave up even trying. I did Tony ferguson AGAIN this year and haven't found a supportive person yet at the chemists in my area, and again I put on weight when I did it! Yes I have had the thyroid and the hormone and what ever else the doctor could think of to test-plain and simple I am just grossly fat. I have no friends to talk to or to go to a group with, my husband just says stop eating. I don't have huge amounts of money to join Jenny craig,or lite and easy or get PT trainers even twice a week- when you add it all up it costs a fortune. I am so sick and tired of fixing other peoples problems and worrying about my job and whether or not I am neglecting my home and so on and so on and so on that I go straight out and see what I can get to eat. My relationship with my husband is dwindling because I am so defensive, I am moody and angry, if not I am crying. I hate my total appearance yet to everyone I am the strong confident woman BLAH BLAH BLAH. I'm so lost............. :(

Re: I'm so depressed

Postby kate28 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:37 pm

I'm sorry love. I think a lot of us have been where you are, with no support. The weight is not going to come off quickly, that's always been my motivation killer. But I've come to accept losing my nearly 30kgs (at just 19 too) is going to take close to a year. Hopefully less with the way I'm going now though. I know it's hard without any motivation or support but in the end you're doing this for yourself - and that's what should motivate you. It is expensive if you're on a tight budget, but it's possible. Don't think of it as a diet so much but you changing your eating habits. Eat healthy, exercise regularly and the weight will come off, weigh yourself once a week to see that you're keeping on track. For me the hardest was getting started, but it gets easier once you start. So start changing your eating habits, you'll definitely feel healthier, it'll take time but you'll get there :)

SW: 103.6 kg (started 8/11/10)
G1: 98 kg (achieved 13/12/10)
G2: 93.6 kg
GW: 75 kg (will reassess once I reach it)

Postby brendan » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:28 pm

Welcome to the forum.

There are dozens of members here that will give you motivation and advice when you need it, but you are the one that is going to have make the effort. Every long journey begins with a single step, and you have made that step by joining the forum. If you like, I'll race you to your target weight :D

Hang in there, and make yourself a sustainable plan. You can do it!

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic

Postby rotaman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:26 pm

Im new to this forum and also on day 3 of the lite n easy plan, I was/am in the same dark place as you are now, I was 134kg, only shopping at the big mens section in target! hating myself, hating my reflection, finding physical excersise harder and harder! I have now lost 4 kilos and am looking forward, now i know that is only a small amount and im still big but like they say every journey starts with 1 step. I will be doing lite n easy until I can start doing it myself, ie buy the ingredients myself, but if you cant afford to do lite n easy, then start with halving your portions, go for a walk, anything is better than giving up, I know its easier said than done, trust me ive been there, ive tried everything, ive lost 30kg then gained 40kg!!! so dont ever throw in the towel, we are beautiful regardless, however beauty doesnt always mean happiness!! i may stumble and fall off the wagon with this attempt to lose weight but id rather go down fighting then sit around and be unhappy!!!
Chin up sunshine, every day is a challenge, embrace it and make it work for you!!!

good luck :)

Postby misskittykezza » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:12 am

WOW- thanks to those that have taken the time to send some encouragement my way, and special thanks to those who really understand "the dark places" we fall into! I remember when "the biggest loser" first advertised for it's new show and I was so excited that we had a show of it's kind in Australia, off I went straight away to find the application form on the net, only to get a "thanks but no thanks I didn't meet the weight criteria-arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh- I wasn't fat enough! Now I am fat enough but I wouldn't go near that show-I don't have the drive to be so competitive and conniving!
What a world we create to live in??????????????????????????? I am feeling cheerier today, thanks again to those who share the positivity and good wishes it really does brighten my outlook :wink:

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 am

Do you know, when I first lost the 30kg, the thing I found most helpful was overcoming the psychological barriers, the feeling crappy about myself so I didn't want to go out and exercise and justifying eating a block of chocolate. Once I started seeing through all the crap and feeling better I found it easier and easier to do the work. This time around I started putting on weight when I went back to uni (which always sends me off the deep end psych wise). Addressing that again and the weightloss is getting easier.

Honestly, IMO the fat isn't making you sad. The fat is just something you're using to beat yourself up.

Just my two cents :wink:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby rotaman » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:52 am

Yo kittykezza!! hows it going? I hope your feeling better at the moment!! remember chin up and take the bull by its horns. You can do it!!!

Postby John23 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:22 am

Good morning.

I too gave up smoking and I as well put on heaps of Kilos over the space of 2 and a half years .

However, I have been to an Obesity Clinic at RPA hospital in Sydney which was funded my medicare, who have given me so much motivation to want to lose weight that I have a whole new interest in Diet and Nutrition again as I once studied the subject in the HSC.

Keep a positive and proactive frame of mind with your dieting and weight loss and you won't just count the days of your weight loss program, you will make the days Count.

In summary, I used to think that I was a heavy smoker because I was badly stressed. I definately know now that I was badly stressed because I was a heavy smoker.

Good luck with you weight loss motivation and proactive and positive frame of mind.

Postby 2bhealthy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 am

Hang in there sweetie :( , If you are not getting support at home, then find support elsewhere, and forums are the greatest place to start. Lets face it , each of us are all in the same boat (or have been) and all on different methods, for different reasons. Your husbands idea of "just stop eating" sounds like ignorance rather than support. Stay with us were we can support you and you can support us. Sometimes, as I have found, it is just a simple case of someone on here writing one little sentence that can give me the support to get over a hurdle.

It does not have to be expensive if you do your research right. I am not on any "plans" as such as I went to a naturapath. Mine is simply food to avoid and food to eat. I can have as much of somethings as I like. Weight has a tendency of just sneaking on / but so hard to get off. My Doc said realistically it takes just as long to loose what you gained as it took to put it on.

I am terrible in the fact that I "give up" a lot of the time, so are tackling my own personality and finding what works for me. Meal plans for the week are helping, and a nice big photo of Me on the fridge scares me away from it. :D and every morning, I hop on here and read other peoples post, and success stories that way I never feel alone in my journey to a health me.
Like an onion I am just going to keep peeling off the layers

Postby dearne » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:35 pm

Its really lonely when you dont have the support... i know that one for a fact, and i also know that stopping eating is NOT the solution, because ive done that too back when my ex-boyfriend took every single dollar i earned and spent it on booze and food for himself... and all i could afford was one meal a day if i was lucky!

if you feel you are on a budget, then take it as a positive! i have found that the cheapest way to change your diet is to go to the supermarket and buy lots of little bits of fruit and veg, because it is actually cheaper than junk food.

for example, my lunch today at work... i got one piece of small steak (average price for the size i had $4 or less, but got mine from an abatoir and froze it so even cheaper), a handful of green beans ($2), a carrot (a bag is $3ish) and lettuce ($2), dressed all this with a dressing i made of sweet chilli, fish sauce and lemon juice. Now all of these things can be cut up and eaten as snacks or over a few days/week, so you can use these ingrediants in a week worth of meals thus saving heaps of money! the receipe for what i made is actually from the recipe section of this site, and if you do get carrots, celery etc do what i do and cut it all up and there is your snacks!

you can do this, lateral thinking and ignoring bad people is a good thing.

and if you need a real person to talk to offline, where do you live, and im sure someone around here is near you!

Return to Weight loss Talk