It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:17 pm

Free Newsletter

Help, can't stop eating!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Help, can't stop eating!!!

Postby BelleJournee » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:28 pm

And its getting worse and worse. This evening after dinner alone I've had two muesli bar, two bowls of ice cream and two Naan breads. And i've still got the shakes!
I'm on Duromine but didnt take todays tablet as I didn't feel that they were working.... (Only been on them about a week)
What the hell is going on with me?

Re: Help, can't stop eating!!!

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:57 am

You would know that better than anyone else.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Fireball » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:48 am

Hey BelljourneeI dont know if you're still having the problem. A strategy I found helpful was - to look at when I was eating, try to figure out why and then work out how I could realistically deal with it, eg. in my case it was often stress and procrastination. Once I realsied this I made a point of noting when I was stressed and wanted to eat and to talk myself through it, eg I would give myself a little treat after I completed something that was stressful. I also identified that I had food too accessible, eg charity boxes of lollies and chips near my desk at work which encouraged me to snack and goodies all over my house. I now limit what is handy and try to find some snacks that aren't too unhealthy so I can have something if I'm peckish without blowing my diet. I generally don't have much that is delicious around as I realised that was just too tempting. I even have some boring buiscuits at home specifically so I can have something with a coffee but they're not that nice as to encourage me to eat them all. Over a period of time having recognised my weaknesses I have learnt to deal with them and now I can have a chocolate at home without eating it all but it did take time to get to this stage and sometimes i do still binge a little. I found this strategy has been my most important aspect way of losing weight.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Postby cheukto » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:02 pm

To your opposite, I can hardly eat everything because of my toothache. :cry:
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Links to promote commercial blogs are not allowed.

Return to Weight loss Talk