It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:53 pm

Free Newsletter

damage control..

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

damage control..

Postby lindtcrazy » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:48 pm

Someone please help me, I'm slipping and losing my mojo. I knew there would be days like this.

Days where I dont really care, since not much is happening with the weight. I slipped up and had a mini muffin-cookies n cream, quiet nice, but lasted less than a minute and now I'm stuck with the outcome, sitting on my rear end.

I need a rescue kit for times where I seriously dont care, the attitude doesnt last long and then the damage can be done.
lindtcrazy

Re: damage control..

Postby brendan » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:45 pm

You need a carrot and stick approach, but it something you have to work on yourself. Regularly remind yourself why you want to lose weight (health, fitness, looking good, sexy etc) and tell yourself that you don't want to be fat and and unfit.
But don't beat yourself up if you allow yourself a little indulgence every now and again. Just get back on the wagon, and keep on track to reach your goal.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby runfatboyrun » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:00 pm

ive found that my "slip up days" get better over time.... like if i have a "lazy day" and dont do any excercise.. i feel like that is a lazy day even if i have eaten right. I think doing this makes me stricter on myself if im mad at myself for smaller reasons. it has been so hard to not eat crap. but honestly i have taken EVERYTHING out of my house that is possibly unhealthy or that i dont want to eat. When im hungry and need a snack. i grab some carrot sticks or some greek natural yoghurt or celery or something else. You definately wont get the same HAPPY feeling as we are used to when indulging. but u get another HAPPY feeling that u have beaten ur desire once more. I have tried to diet a million times before only to fail in the first 2-6 weeks. We need to accept that this is a long term thing and just go for it STEP BY STEP
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wDLgiju/]
[/url]
runfatboyrun

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:51 pm

Ditto
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby misscallie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:30 pm

I think whenever you're starting to lose motivation it's a good time to revisit your goals and make a new plan. Try something different- maybe a new exercise, or even just a new recipe. You need something to help you get excited about losing weight again. Good luck :)
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not link to commercial sites as it violates forum rules.
misscallie

Postby SarahLee » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:37 am

This is exactly where I'm at (and why I joined!).

I think I'll try to find some new recipes so its easier to hold out through those 3pm cravings
SarahLee

Return to Weight loss Talk