It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:09 am

Free Newsletter

Respect Yourself :)

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Respect Yourself :)

Postby Carly :) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:35 pm

I realize most people, well me atleast, feel that FOOD is a way to make ourselves feel better.
I realize I have not repected myself as I have been treating my body poorly but eating what ever I "feel" like, because
of the taste or texture and denying my body proper foods that are nutritious and better for me.

Now I am turning the table. I have paid for a nutritionalist for 13 weeks to work with me to help me learn new habits and
instead of thinking of it as a "DIET" it will be my "LIFESTYLE". My new healthier lifestyle. I mean lets face it, the way we feel about our
bodies, and the energy we have and the way we feel on the inside is most important than athstetic appearence.

After week one of meeting my nutrionalist i learned about my habits, where i was going wrong and how i viewed food and my body.
I was slumping in the chair and obviously unhappy with the way my body looked, but most importantly i was unhappy with the way i was feeling in my stomache and the anxiety of the way i have been eating.
My habits have been bad, chocolate every day or icecream and not enough variety of fruits and veg. I was getitng migraines and wondered
why, and it seems simple to me now that my body deserved better than the way i was/am treating it.

Some days i feel like there is no point in my trying to be slim or trying to look my best as I live in Tassie and no offence but some people
here dont take much pride in their appearance, esp when the weather is all over the show, cold then warm..
but when i went to QLD and saw how healthy the people looked and how much pride they took in the way they look, they were vibrant and healthy.
This is the way i want to be, to look and feel healthy from the inside out. To dress up and feel good about myself, but most importantly, not be overweight just because im bored.

I am enjoying going to the gym, I really am liking cardio and weight sessions and belive the more changes i see in myself is the better i will feel in myself. The biggest thing isnt about fitness for me however, it is my eating habits and the way i feel about my body.
Im focussed on changing the way i think about food and feeling better about myself wholesomely.
Carly :)

Re: Respect Yourself :)

Postby Fireball » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:50 am

So true Carly:)

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Return to Weight loss Talk