It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:22 pm

Free Newsletter

Fighting weight gain

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Fighting weight gain

Postby Lucky Bastard » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi all.

I'm a 33year old guy (about 178cm tall) and thanks to 2 months in the US now 81kg :)
Just 2 months ago I was happy sitting at 74kg.

After being back for 2 weeks, and instantly (day 1 of arriving home) have been starting to try and burn it off.

Before going away I ate well and exercised regularly - and am now doing so again.

I probably do about 45mins of cardio a day, maybe 400 calories or so, and I am eating about 1500 calories a day BUT I CAN NOT lose weight. I'm pushing it (but not heaps) as I want to try and lose 1kg a week (but not more). The only conclusion I have come up with is that possibly I am not eating enough?!? :twisted: (ie. Too big a calorie deficit). My problem is, I don't feel hungry, I don't feel like I'm starving. I'm not a particularly big eater...unless I am in the US with my US friends who eat nothing but junk :) I know it sounds strange, but I can't work this out.

My daily diet consists:
2 x celebrity slim shakes
1x lite and easy for dinner
2 x fruits
4 x salad and mountain bread wraps (home made)

and occasionally (once a week) I have something nawty, just cos you have to live.

What do you guys think?
Lucky Bastard

Re: Fighting weight gain

Postby Lucky Bastard » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:21 pm

Lucky Bastard

Postby brendan » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:33 pm

I really don't know what to say. By all accounts you should be losing weight, although I'm not sure about 4 wraps - that might be a little excessive.
Maybe add weights to your routine - it is said that using the muscles is more effective than aerobic exercise anyhow. I think interval training might be a good option also.

Maybe some of the other members could give you some ideas. I certainly wouldn't recommend dropping below the 1500 cal mark, and might even suggest upping it to 1900 with plenty of protein with each meal.

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic

Postby imktmontral » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:25 pm

Typically the majority of people tend to blame weight gain on consuming too many calories.

Postby Metalcharm » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:55 pm

In my opinion are aren't eating enough.
check out this page and see what you think. Even if you drop your ideal calorie range by a few hundred you're still way under.

Return to Weight loss Talk