It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:37 pm

Free Newsletter

I don't know what else to do!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I don't know what else to do!!

Postby enigma42 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:56 am

Hi all!
I have always been a big guy since end of primary school, im not 21 and have not been under 100kg for about 7 years. two years ago i was 104kg and now Im 121kg.
I have tried everything from dieting, to gym everyday. and i have all but given up...
I am now on a new pill that speeds up metabolism to see how it goes. When i was dieting and at gym i was maintinaing my weight under 105kg, but i stopped going and now ive gotten to 121kg over 2 years.

Please help me, i dont know what else to do. Ive tried everything!
I really need a diet overhaul, and maybe an excercise routine that I can transfer into my lifestyle (no gym memberships).

If someone can really help me and provide details of something that has worked for them please HELP ME!
Im sick of the fat jokes, the short breath after bending over etc etc.

I am really desperate, i want to be fit and healthy, not fat...

I want something that is a sure thing to work, and work well!! coz nothing ive tried is any good. I need something drastic to drop my weight fast. im not asking for like 30 kg in 2 months. But I would like to drop 15-20kg over the next 3 or 4 months if possible...
enigma42

Re: I don't know what else to do!!

Postby brendan » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:46 am

Hello and welcome enigma42

What has worked for me is a combination of things. I have a photo of me when I was at a good weight and quite fit, which I have put on my laptop background screen - it acts as a reminder as to how I can look and is a great motivator. I want to be that healthy fit person again.
Next I made up a plan which involved listing the foods that I need in order to promote health and weight loss (Salads with small portions of cheese, chicken or tuna, wraps instead of bread, generally something like Egg or beans on toast or homemade muesli mix for breakfast, homemade mix of dried fruit, seeds and cashew nuts for snacks) I have one of the meal replacement shakes about every other day - usually for the evening meal. I always try to have some protein in each meal. I have celery and carrots available for snacks, but don't use them much. I have cut out the obvious baddies of icecream, margarine, sausages, chips, potato chips, lollies etc and cut back on bread, only having two slices of multigrain bread each day whereas before I got through a loaf in about 2-3 days, I've cut back on cheese (one of the loves of my life :lol: ) I was getting through nearly a kilo a week of cheddar, now I just have a couple of small slices with the salad. High density meats like beef I rarely have now, and when I do it is about half the size that I used to have. ... and I drink plenty of water.
I got some acai berry capsules at the same time I got the shakes from the chemist. I take two of them in the morning about the same time as I do my exercise.
Exercise: I have a fairly high tech, heavy duty exercise bike (probably similar to what they have in gyms) and started out at 10 minutes (which was about all I could do about 3 weeks ago) twice a day. I built up to 15min, 20min, 30min and I am nearly doing 40 min now.
In my plan I also set myself targets as milestones to my final destination, another good motivator. The targets are not set in stone and can be revised if they prove to be unrealistic or too conservative. In my case I never expected the weight loss to be quite so dramatic, having lost nearly 17kg in two months, and 11kg in November alone.
I had a medical before embarking on this journey to a mini-me, and found that heart, and blood pressure were up to it, and blood tests were good apart from an elevated blood sugar level (which I reckon was a binge on chocolate honeycomb a few days before)
And then I just did it. I joined this forum a few weeks later, and it has been very supportive and full of sensible advice.
So get a medical to make sure there is nothing in your blood chemistry which is responsible. Then make a plan. Get rid of the bad temptations that might be in the house, and replace them with healthy alternatives. Make exercise a habit.

So endeth the lesson :lol:

Now get to it!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby Carley » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:35 am

enigma42 wrote:Hi all!
I have always been a big guy since end of primary school, im not 21 and have not been under 100kg for about 7 years. two years ago i was 104kg and now Im 121kg.
I have tried everything from dieting, to gym everyday. and i have all but given up...
I am now on a new pill that speeds up metabolism to see how it goes. When i was dieting and at gym i was maintinaing my weight under 105kg, but i stopped going and now ive gotten to 121kg over 2 years.

Please help me, i dont know what else to do. Ive tried everything!
I really need a diet overhaul, and maybe an excercise routine that I can transfer into my lifestyle (no gym memberships).

If someone can really help me and provide details of something that has worked for them please HELP ME!
Im sick of the fat jokes, the short breath after bending over etc etc.

I am really desperate, i want to be fit and healthy, not fat...

I want something that is a sure thing to work, and work well!! coz nothing ive tried is any good. I need something drastic to drop my weight fast. im not asking for like 30 kg in 2 months. But I would like to drop 15-20kg over the next 3 or 4 months if possible...

I hope I can talk honestly, maybe you are looking a this from the wrong angle? Maybe change how you see it? This is not a diet but a lifestyle change. Take out the focus on numbers an put the focus on your health, how you feel within yourself. Any weight loss a month is better then none. Maybe set monthly goals, aim for 2 kilos, because the slower you lose it, the more chance you have of keeping it off. It has taken me nearly 2 years to lose 40 kilos, I know someone who did it in a year and has gained a lot of it back. Small changes last forever, quick changes do not last. Do you count calories? Are you eating too much? What kind of foods do you eat? Do you drink enough water? What do you drink? Try walking for exercise with your ipod, it makes it a lot of fun. Maybe buy some hand weights for strength training? Don't worry what others think of you, only what you think of yourself. Don't waste your time on pills, those ones can cost a lot of money, and then when you stop, bam the weight goes back on, sometimes more. There are natural foods that can speed up your metabolism, if you want the list I can give it to you.
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby FatTactic » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:27 am

I just did a post recommending a couple of reads.
David Kessler "An end to Overeating" and Geneen Roth "Woman Food and God"
Its a battle my friend that needs to start in the mind. I personally use light and easy (I dispise cooking) and have dropt 15 kilos and started going to the gym as it came off but not untill I had the shift in my head. We all know what we should and should eat, you even know that exercise works, what we dont know is how we work with the overwhelming compulsion in our heads.
Mindset change (which is what I do) and what I am very passionate about is what we also need to do because at the end of the day we can do nothing if our beliefs our values etc do not align with what we want. You are driven by unconscious needs and fears, work on those and your weight will disolve. Its an inside job :)
Warm Regards
Anne
[Advertising link removed]
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising link removed. Please do not use this forum to promote products or services.
FatTactic

Postby Jules99 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi I am currently using energy slim it's Australian made and it taste great go to the website I have been taking it for 2.5 weeks and lost 5 klios taste great and as for excercise I got a treadmill and do 45 mins intense walking 5 days a week website is [commercial website removed] hope i could help you out good luck
Last edited by CronicBadger on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Appears to be a drive-by stealth spam attempting to game the Google PageRank system.
Jules99

Postby Tojoo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:50 pm

Hey mate, been a while since I last posted here after putting up my target pics but I feel I can probably help. First a couple of questions.

1.how many calories a day roughly do you tend to eat and how many meals?
2.when you were going to the gym what kind of exercises were you doing? primarily carido or mostly weight training?
3.Lastly how tall are you?

What I found worked best for me was looking at the example of body builders who regularly lose 30-40 kg's each year to get competition ready. I was 160kg two years ago an got down to around 88kg within a year, did this through intense weight workouts 5 times a week with a little cardio and a diet of around 3000 calories each day which got bigger and bigger. Now a year after reaching my goal I am around 93kg after gaining extra muscle and strength back and eating around 4000 calories each day simply doing an hour weight workout 5 days a week focusing on a different muscle group each day.

most important though is your diet no matter what people say. forget cutting calories mate, my train of thought was always to increase my metabolism instead of eating less and less. Weight training will ut your muscles in a constant state of repair which eats up alot of calories from your diet. I would aim for atleast 3000 calories if your starting out and eat as often as you can.

work out a meal plan where your eating every 2-3 hours for an average of around 7 or 8 meals each day. each containing atleast 40g protein and some carbs. eat the majority of your carbs pre and post workout and most importantly try to consume hardly any fat around workout time as this slows protein abortion. over the course of the whole day your 3000 calories should be broken up as follows:

40% protein, 40 % carbs and 20 % fat. try to make it so that roughly 30% of this fat is saturated fat too, people will sat fats are bad but they help testosterone levels in men which is crucial for muscle gain. lastly eat a slow digesting source of protein at bed time like skin milk or cottage cheese again aiming for 40g of protein. even better is buying some casein protein powder.

Follow these steps mate and you will see some progress but stick to it. The main idea of all this is to retain and possibly gain muscle mass to keep your metabolism going. too many people cut calories during weightless which slows their metabolism to a halt. Keep at it mate and you will get there eventually.
Tojoo

Return to Weight loss Talk