It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Can HGH Help With Weight Loss

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Can HGH Help With Weight Loss

Postby anyash » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:48 am

Hello I am more interested in increasing my own HGH level with diet and exercise which according to many sites is possible. It seem that the lower your HGH levels the more likely you are to pack on some weight. I am attaching the link to the HGH Rudman study that proves this association between weight gain and low levels of HGH. Any thought would be appreciated :D
anyash

Re: Can HGH Help With Weight Loss

Postby CronicBadger » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:59 am

It appears that benefits of HGH may offset the loss of muscle mass due to the natural aging process, at least in the short term. The quotes suggest no benefit in other age categories, nor benefits to health and lifestyle. Even in the test subjects (aged 61 and over), it was uncertain whether the increases in physical measurements would turn into actual long-term health benefits.

The side effects of some hormone therapies can be increased risk of cancer and circulatory problems. These have to be weighed against any potential benefits.

My personal opinion is that the safest way to maintain a healthy body is by giving its various systems (metabolic, repair, growth, etc) the best chance naturally via a good diet and exercise. Any drugs used should be to correct imbalances where the risk of inaction is worse than the risk of the drugs.
CronicBadger

Return to Weight loss Talk