It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:29 pm

Free Newsletter

is the wii fit any good?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

is the wii fit any good?

Postby kim37 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:18 pm

I am thinking of getting the wii fit , wondered what people thought and if anyone lost weight with it :)
kim
kim37

Re: is the wii fit any good?

Postby Metalcharm » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:38 pm

As a weight loss tool it isn't much good (imo) there is lots of starting and stopping and it won't really get your heart beating fast enough for weight loss.

but it is fun to muck around on and if that is time that you'd normally be sitting watching tv then it's much better for you. You can keep track of your non-wii exercises and weight and bmi which is handy too.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby starr22 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:49 pm

I love my Wii Fit :D I find it good to help tone up.......especially the arms. I just bought a new game called Just Dance #2, it really gets the hert pumping and it's really fun!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby Mandy82 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:17 pm

I have only gotten back into it again - this is Day 4 so no results until Friday. But I did use it for half an hour a day for 6 weeks last year, and lost 5 kilos. I also gave up coca cola during that time, but made no other lifestyle changes...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wga5d6A/]
[/url]
Mandy82

Postby 2ndTimeBecky » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:24 am

I have one and I absolutely LOVE it - I use it on days when I am short of time to go to the gym, if I only have a quick half hour spare.
However as above it depends on what you do with it, a lot of the activites are very slow paced, and stop/start and I dont feel that they help much.
Not the case (for me) for the Super Hula Hoop (10 min length one - once you unlock it) and the Rhythm Boxing (12/13 min one, again once unlocked) - these do get my heart rate going and get me sweating, puffing and panting - always a good thing. I also usually start with 2 rounds of the Step Plus (I think it is) to warm me up.... it gives you 30 (almost) solid minutes of cardio...
Then if I have extra time I might do some of the other games/excercises - Kung Fu and the like, and for some strength training the Muscle Workouts - however I find these MUCH more efficient at the gym with proper weights.
I have recently received some Dance Workout game also (which uses the Wii Fit board in places) and I am currently LOVING that one also.... that makes up a range of excercises for you for each time you go on - and it goes straight from one activity to the other (little time to stop and slow your heart rate) and it also includes a warm up and cool down automatically. Fun!!

That said, I use this as a back up to the gym/swimming/classes as I find the more variety I have the more likely I am to keep motivated and keep going back :-D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgDr74s/]
2ndTimeBecky

Postby niksta » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:36 pm

I have the Wii fit and another workout disc for Wii as well, and I enjoy them, and discover muscles that I haven't used in a while lol.. :D I noticed that while I was using them, I was losing a bit of weight, and also was trying to eat healthly, and still getting outside for a walk or jog etc.. But its fun, which is the main thing I guess :)
niksta

Return to Weight loss Talk