It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:56 pm

Free Newsletter

Losing that fire..

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Losing that fire..

Postby lindtcrazy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:53 pm

How to find the mojo to get myself in the zone. I was there in the zone right before christmas and I was really pleased with my efforts and finding everything do able and not at all effort. I was satisfied with my healthy meals and if I felt deprived I had one tiny feather weight piece of 70% dark cocoa choc and or some ovalteenies. My food cals were 1300 and that is fine most days and if I exercised even better, which I did three days a week.

But un be known to me I find with normal christmas eating and mindless lolly eating, (bad habit)
I have lost my interest in being in that zone which I know can feel awesome and powerful. I want that back, but there is that little something I cant get my finger on, I dont know what it is.

Can anyone advise? The little fire that sparkles big excitement is not here in me and I know where this will take me if I dont find it. Mindless eating, extra tyres more cellulite and self hatred.

I tell you this is pyscology for me.
lindtcrazy

Re: Losing that fire..

Postby brendan » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:38 pm

You know that the longer you put it off the harder it will be. Stop procrastinating! Just look at your goals, and you will start feeling like you did before christmas. Perhaps look at some of your older posts - I think you will find your mojo somewhere there! :P

Go on! You know you want to!

Bren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby lindtcrazy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:11 pm

brendan wrote:You know that the longer you put it off the harder it will be. Stop procrastinating! Just look at your goals, and you will start feeling like you did before christmas. Perhaps look at some of your older posts - I think you will find your mojo somewhere there! :P

Go on! You know you want to!

Bren

I had to chuckle there, thanks
lindtcrazy

Postby TotalBodyNutrition » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:42 pm

Hi Lindtcrazy!
Try putting some photos up of you at the size you want to be or buy a top that is one size smaller than your current weight, find out what motivated you the first time to get into the zone and gradually ease back into it. Dieting shouldn't be all or nothing, you should still be able to lose weight and have a handful of lollies a day if the rest of your diet is low in calories and healthy, its all about quantity! good luck :-)
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It is against forum rules to use your signature for advertising.
TotalBodyNutrition

Postby lindtcrazy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:27 pm

Thanks. What wonderful and uplifting advice. I've often wanted to put a photo of a slim me on the fridge, but I think the pantry is my offending area.
I am a sucker at falling victim to all or nothing. But I think I'm getting it. If I'm too strict. I fail very quickly. So I allow myself a small treat and can be satisfied.
Past behaviours indicate failure when too severe or sheer boredom and deprivation with my diet.
lindtcrazy

Postby nothing2lose » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi Lindt Crazy

I too lost my mojo - for several months!! But here I am again, back on the horse!

My advice? Spend some time reading over your old posts and the posts of others who have inspired you in the past. Immerse yourself in the site, soak it all in...Slowly, slowly it will light a spark in you and you will be on the horse with me!!

Also, join us in the current 12 week challenge. It's only been going less than a week. We would love to have you on board!

Best of luck

n2l
LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE A THIN PERSON....AND EVENTUALLY YOUR BODY WILL MATCH YOUR LIFESTYLE!

HW - September 2008 - 121.3kg :( :(
SW - 16 May 2010 - 110.4 kg :(
New SW - 6 January 2011 - 108 kg :(
First GW 99kg :) My aim is to reach this goal by April 15, 2011
nothing2lose

Postby newyork » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:58 am

Hi All,

It's an awful feeling when you have worked so hard in the past and feel it slipping away just cause it seems so hard to get to that gym! I've been off the rails pretty much for 6 months. I had some minor surgury and couldn't do strenuous exercise for 6 weeks, so I stopped my spin classes. I had been going 3 times a week, plus a hill climb once or twice and weights. Then I did nothing! Have only just started back at the gym last week with a PT. I didn't want to spend the money on one, but thought it would be well worth it if it got my but into gear. The biggest challenge will be getting to spin class- why is so hard to go to the first one! And I know I will love it again once i go back too. Surely the disapointment I feel about letting my good routine go should be enough for motivation?
newyork

Postby lalalaaa » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:53 am

I thought it was just me.
I was going great up until mid dec, checked off all my goals for 2010.
Now with just over 3kgs to go, I am having trouble stopping all the 'fun stuff'(or is that bad stuff?) I spent most of last year avoiding.
I am having difficulty cleaning up my diet,(the exercise is still happening)

I have been trying, but just dont feel the motivation to keep at it.
So my problem atm, is keeping to my CK allocated 1200 cals, over chrissy I prob went to 1500-1800 a day.
The good thing was for the first couple of weeks I still lost weight 1.2kg, and I think thats been part of the problem, the fact that I could increase my food and lose weight is making it harder for me to go back to being really careful about my diet.
I really did enjoy a glass of Wine, and a cold beer, I love lollies and chocolate and still have another gift of lindt in my cupboard. I enjoy the saltiness sand crunch of chips and mixed nuts much more than my regular rice crackers.
I know it has to stop.

So here is my plan of action (and my commitment to it):
1.Set date to start a clean diet: Monday 31st Jan (couldnt let it drag into Feb) its not too strict, six clean days, one less strict day and one wine on a friday if I have an extra 30min walk
2. Bought some new exercise gear (my older gear has got a tad baggy and sad looking)
3. Entered gym sessions into my diary for the next two weeks, so no other bookings can go in, I must get min 2000cals in exercise each week

GOODLUCK finding your fire
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNncKpV/]
[/url]
lalalaaa

Postby lindtcrazy » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:37 pm

Thanks guys,
I'd thought my post faded and then realised only now I got responses. I hope you all still got your fire. I finally mustered that moment that get you excited to melt those muffins of the waist.

I read a post on ck on what helps one person in going past a bakery when that craving for caramel slice hits.
She thinks of the ingredients, flour, condensed milk, butter etc and of course choc and then the dread brick of white fat that gives that chocolate that tempting shine and then says to self, I dont want those ingredients padding up my thighs.

So I think if you get those cravings think of the ingredients that make those chips, cakes, etc and think of the fat that binds them together and ask if you want that on your body. It does help me and I will try this the next coming days, I am at camp and wanting all those foods that go with camp, chips, crisps and of course biscuits.

It will definetely be the trial of my life, I've never been camping and stayed healthy.
lindtcrazy

Postby newyork » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:01 am

Hi Guys,

As I posted above, after 6 months of bludging, I got a personal trainer to pull me out of my slump. I has worked wonders. I don't mind paying the money now as it has been well worth it. Not only am I doing 2 sessions with my trainer, but I now do 3 or 4 by myself. Plus she "tests" me along the way so we know if I'm improving my runing time, weight I can lift etc.

If I didnt start seeing a trainer, I don't know what I would be doing now. Even if I have a slip of the diet, I know I can train a bit harder to counteract this. The last month has been perfect. But...in the last few days the bad cravings are back :evil: . I was watching Biggest Loser and an ad came on for the new Mint Tim Tams. After an hour battle in my mind, I won! :D Another day of cravings at work yesterday with hot cross buns on offer and a king size snickers calling me from the vending machine. But I won again! All because I don't want to let myself and my trainer down after all this hard work.

My advice to get out of a slump and get that fire back is to do something that makes you accountable, either get a friend involved, pay for personal training sessions, join a club where you weigh in once a week and have support.

Good Luck! :)
newyork

Postby lindtcrazy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:28 am

Hi newyork,
Good for you and great to enlist the help of a personal trainer.
I believe having someone by your side can make the difference. I've asked my husband to help me when I slump, but well..lets say thats not working. Bit like he will only tell me I'm fat when I say I'm going on a diet.

I also think junk food companies are the purest of evils :twisted:

They prey on struggling dieters aiming for inspiration during biggest loser viewing and put on all those junk food ads, maccas and kfc come to mind and yes the tim tam ad. pure :twisted:

What has helped me is seeing myself hot and sexy in nice jeans

Congrats for ignoring the tim tam, I think sometimes for me anyway is if I dont start that first biscuit i am better for it, but if I tast one, I'm history.

Good luck :D
lindtcrazy

Postby Patientperson » Sun May 15, 2011 1:41 am

I am not really sure what a good advice would be for you right now but I know one thing, if you do not do something you will NOT feel better eventually, so why wait? Since you want it its no use procrastinating.

I never had a similar problem myself to be honest, I just had period when the scales seemed "stuck" but it did not bother me much even if me weight was the same for two or more months (arghs 120 kgs!) and eventually I dropped below :)
Don't give up!
Patientperson

Return to Weight loss Talk