It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:04 pm

Free Newsletter

My new favourite Weight Loss Tool :-)

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

My new favourite Weight Loss Tool :-)

Postby 2ndTimeBecky » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:50 pm

A friend of mine who has an iPhone introduced me to an app oh her phone.... "MyFitnessPal" and I have also found it for my Android phone....

WOW. I love it, it is like having a little personal trainer on me at all times!!

You can add all the food you eat for the meals - the calories for MOST things are built in, along with things like fats, sugars, carbs etc...
You can also put in any excercise that you do during the day, complete with Calories burned.

When you set it up it gets you to enter your height, weight and aimed rate of weightloss and it calculates how many calories you should consume each day. As you enter food and excercise to the app for the day it adds and subtracts the calories from your total allowable to give you what you have left. It also does all the things on the label (carbs, fats, sugars) with a daily allowable amount, and how much you have had of each item!!

I LOVE it, it makes me feel so much in control, and means I can make good choices during the day, and am constantly thinking about the impacts of what I am eating. If I push it a bit at lunch, I can have a low calorie dinner....

Anyway, hope some of you like this option.... simply HAD to share it :-)

Re: My new favourite Weight Loss Tool :-)

Postby hannah89 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:12 am

I heard about this a few months ago, but didnt have a phone capable for it... Now have an android phone and thanks to you just downloaded it :) cheers

Return to Weight loss Talk