It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:57 am

Free Newsletter

Will I Lose Weight? Pls Help.

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Will I Lose Weight? Pls Help.

Postby FiveSpades » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:43 pm

First of all here is a quick and brief overview.

I am 31 years of age and played aussie rules football all my life. I dont play summer sport becuase i spend times with my two children and my wife. So I exercise for say 2/3 of the year and then take it easy over summer. In summer every year i put on far too much wieght and then i lose some of it when I get back to football again. I have committed to myself I want to lose a lot more wieght this year then I have before because I am getting older and I know it will only get harder.

I am 31 years old male and weight 94 kg. I am 5'9.

I just wanted to put up on here what I am currently planning to do with my diet and exercise and see what you guys think.

Water - I am making myself drink atleast 2L a day.

Tall Glass of coles Viten Juice
Handful of Grapes
1 Multivitamin

Morning Tea1 Apple
1 Handful Almonds

2 Mission wraps with half a canned tuna (in springwater) in each with lettuce and a little mayo

1 Handful Almonds

Now this is where I fall down, usually I cook for the family and I know my servings are too big but I need to cook for 4 people but my 2 sons dont each much at dinner time so myeslf and the wife have the rest. I have been trying to stay clear of pastas, rise and breads at night but I dont always cook.........

So For the next few weeks I am going to have a Meal replacement shake for dinner and see how I go.

I am terrible at counting calories but I need to know am I eating enough or too much.

My exercise regime is going to look like so from next week onwards.

Morning exercise Bike ride 20 mins with some pushups
Evening football training will be Pre season with lots of running and weights

Morning run for 20 mins

Morning exercise Bike ride 20 mins with some pushups
Evening football training will be Pre season with lots of running and weights

Morning run for 20 mins

Small Bike Ride

Run for 20 mins

This is a lot more than I usually do with simple 2 nights of football training usually killing me and my back. (MY back gets real sore when I run because I am carrying a little too much in my stomach think)

So any thoughts or tips on this, dying to know if this will work as I really want to sort this out once and for all.

Thanks in advance

Re: Will I Lose Weight? Pls Help.

Postby thinkingthinner » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:28 pm

first of all good luck on your weightloss jouney....
I have tried diet after diet and I have lost weight but there was always something in my life that caused me to stop I know excuses excuses ...
My partner put me on a diet that was given to him by a british olympic cyclist who also is a qualified nutritionist
I should of done this years ago but wasnt in the right mind to do so I have started again and finding it quiet easy so far this is an example of one day of my diet

2 eggs boiled or poached
2 apples
1 glass of oj or pineapple juice
I hate eating breakfast some mornings so i will just have a protein shake they say its the best time to have it I buy it from sprorts or health food stores the brand is Inner armour isowhey and it doesnt contain any carbs zero fat unlike the ones in the chemists.

mid morning
1 small tin of tuna
1 small tin of pineapple chunks
the reason you eat these two together is the pineapple breaks down the tuna.. digests easier

half a chicken (i cant eat that much so eat what u can)
fresh salad

mid afternoon
2 slices of ham
2 oranges

this is the easy part
you can eat anything with in reason of course i find this doesnt interrupt family life and makes you feel like your not dieting
example of dinner steak vegies ,spag bog etc but i feel guilty and stay more to tomato based pastas instead of creamy .
if you want a snack after dinner
fruit salad
and never eat after 8.30pm
I feel constantly full all day but if i am peckish i have banana chips and assorted nuts

hope this helps a bit

Postby FiveSpades » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:10 pm

thank you for your post, I do appreciate it. I dont have the best results after eating certain things and I think if i had half a chicken and pasta I would be back where I started. Im sure that would work for some people though so it is good advice.

what I am after is just someone to tell me if I am on the right track with what I am doing?

Postby äirly » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Hey there :D

Briefly looking at your eating plan, my first thought is that your maybe not eating enough? Particularily since you are also exercising. At the very least you need something substantial for breakfast! But i'm not sure what your dinner serves are - perhaps they make up the bulk of your daily calories?

Most people agree that its dangerous to eat too few calories, not only for your overall health but also to your weightloss efforts - there is evidence to suggest that your body can enter 'starvation mode', where it actually holds on to weight thinking that it is saving you from a famine situation.

It can be a pain, but I would suggest signing up at calorie king (make sure its the Aussie site - there is an American one too - they charge $$ for membership unlike our own) and keying in your details. It will tell you roughing how many calories you need and how many you burn during exercise, giving you a rough idea of how much you should be consuming. Even if you dont do it daily, you will have a much better idea of where you're headed. (there is also a part where it tells you roughly how long til you lose the weight - I've spendt HOURS in this part, rejigging in etc lol :lol: )
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)

Return to Weight loss Talk