It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:24 am

Free Newsletter

need some advice please!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

need some advice please!

Postby mosie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:43 pm

hey guys just wanted to ask, im currently changing my diet so that its a lot healthier but i find that im feeling hungry all the time BUT i no im not hungry its because i am always thinking about that i shouldnt be eating i no im not actually hungry cos it will happen as soon as i have finished my meal and its not a hunger pain! i just want to eat all the time i am being really good and havent caved in! just wondering if this happens to anyone else??
mosie

Re: need some advice please!

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:27 pm

Hi Mosie
I occasionally have days like that. Like tonight where I've just finished stalking the cupboards and fridge for a healthy snack but couldn't find anything. I talked myself out of biscuits and other junk lying around. I drank a lot of diet coke today (bad Marc!), so perhaps that has something to do with it.

If I could, I'd eat more often. But I manage instead by eating plenty of low energy-density foods such as vegetables and some fruits. When the feeling the I need food gets real bad, I talk to myself (silently!) and convince myself that I'm not really hungry.

It's possible your diet is not giving you enough energy and nutrients. Analyse it and alter it and see if the change helps.

As for advice:
* Try a low-GI eating plan. This helps to stop spikes and troughs in a person's blood sugar and insulin levels, and thus reduces hunger cravings.
* Perhaps you're not drinking enough - maybe drink some water when you feel hungry after a meal.
* Think of something else. Food is a minor part of a persons life and shouldn't be obsessed over. Go read a book, do a crossword, play computer games.
CronicBadger

Re: need some advice please!

Postby äirly » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:52 pm

oh ABSOLUTELY! I have all different kinds of hunger; bored hunger, sugar hunger... times when I'm not actually hunger but just craving stuff!

oh course, sometimes I actually AM hungry! Generally not a good thing, but when I started LnE (on 1500 cals) I got pretty hungry between meals. Made me realise exactly how much I had been consuming before - I had told myself that I didnt eat a lot, just a lot of sweets... but no, I think I was just eating far, far too much!

Anyway, dealing with the 'craves'... Cronic badger pretty much covered what I do. Grab a glass of water (sometimes a low-cal cordial helps if its a sugar hit I'm hunting) and just deal with it. :( Eating low-GI foods should help allevaite it somewhat too. I find that after a few days, my body doesnt expect sweets after dinner, and I no longer crave them then (until I get back in the habit :oops: )
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Return to Weight loss Talk