It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Possibly the dumbest question ever...re Calorie King

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Possibly the dumbest question ever...re Calorie King

Postby kimbali » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:10 pm

Hi everyone

I have what i'm sure is the stupidest question ever!!! I've been following my own little plan in an attempt to lose weight, involving a food diary and calorie king. But I'm confused about one thing, and it mainly comes down to the vegies.

For example tonight I had some homemade potato wedges with tea. Just a smallish potato, it weighed 90g before baking. But after they were baked they only weighed 40g. So my question is, am i meant to calculate the calories based on the weight before cooking or after?

I guess at the end of the day the difference isn't massive, 90g of potato is equivalent to 80 cals, and 40g is only worth 36. But by the same token, it's kinda cheating if i keep tracking it as the lower calorie intake and it turns out to be incorrect. What do you guys think?
kimbali

Re: Possibly the dumbest question ever...re Calorie King

Postby Trajac » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:30 pm

On Calorie King you can input the actual food ie baked potato or boiled or raw etc. I would just pick the option that is closest to what you did with it (ie baked) and use how much it weighs after baking.
Trajac

Re: Possibly the dumbest question ever...re Calorie King

Postby kimbali » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:58 pm

Cool, that's what I have been doing, but it popped into my head the other day and I just wasnt sure! Thanks!
kimbali

Return to Weight loss Talk